A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <sigh> It's a Forum. Some know the rules, some learn by doing. Or by being spanked...

This was a great exchange, and I laughed at the joke Q's. But there's a good thread running through here, and it deserves more discussion.

Personally, I dislike seeing the Forum become more of a chatroom and blogspace for blingers than an exchange of vital info for people with tech issues, but that won't alter the course. It's an evolution, and no one can control it.

I always STFA, and have been reading posts as often as I can for two years, four if you count my TT days. But I agree with anyone who says "I STFA'd but couldn't find the precise info I was looking for".

By the way... when a nube/newb/n0oB/gneub reads "STFA"... do they all come with a born knowledge of what the "F" that means?

It's a thought.

Plus, I don't read every post, every day. And you can miss stuff if you don't. Because of work, I can't. And I suspect that because of work, many have all day to stay on AW!

I also agree that 2nd and 3rd owners are coming, they're apparently younger than the Original Owner crowd, and their focus is different. As is their sense of online etiquette.

Sometimes it seems like we never leave high school. The Cool Club has code, to keep the Dweebs out. The New Kidz bond over Secret Lingo. The Grizzled Vets grump and roll their eyes 'cuz they've seen it all. And the occasional Poor Sap drops in off the street, thinks it's a "Forum" as advertised and has the colossal ignorance to ask "What's my car worth?"

The Forum is part exchange, part service to others, part selfish pleasure, part Social Club. Which part can't be controlled by any of us.

Unless everybody's secret wish is to be a hall monitor. To which (by the length of this post, and how few hits I usually get unless I post a pic) I must plead "sort of guilty."

Oh, and... Q: is there a chip and swaybar set for my 3.0 CVT?? I only want to pay 'bout tree fiddy...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No, I say everything in jest. In all seriousness, I do agree with you Hawaii
Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

MEOW...lighten up francis...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ahhh, in the words of that old sage "CL" don't be too intense. I've

been "Spanked" a few times, some at your hands, and have tried to learn and deal with it over the last few months. Let it roll of your back and continue on.
What would this forum be without you?
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe me, you are NO Dallas! Not on your WORST day!!! (Problem here: You = oldtimer.)
Old 06-29-2006, 05:03 AM

Don't you have some ineffective ad campaign to direct?
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 AM

Default Well aren't you special! Good riddens

You never gave anything but "worthless mods" suggestion anyway. You couldn't change a tire, not to mention a timing belt. Talk about a nOOB.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Who are you again?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 AM

Default Someone looking for more technical information

I have been using this board for about two years. I don't care what wheels look cool or what the best wax to use. I was hoping to find more technical information, such as best way to pull engine, change a tranny (both of which I did but with information on the S4 board. Can we get a more technical section? Leave the wheels and interior mods to the likes of the carbonlord and his 26k posts.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dude. You're a troll. Buy a Bently manual and please stay in your garage.

Quick Reply: I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?