A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heh...

Yeah, cause theres nothing at all technical about being the second person around here to add a RS 6 exhaust, or H&R coil-overs to a C5 right? ...and sway bars from H-sport's back on the first group buy ever, magically mounted themselves onto my vehicle!

From transmission fluid changes to having my transmission replaced as well, Ive seen a lot and Ive shared every bit of advice.

You joke about wheels but before Boston Driver and I mouted every wheel imaginable through our four combined C5's, half of the people around here didnt even know the RS 4 wheel was offered in 5 different offsets, but I bet a guy like you was born with such knowledge, and wouldnt ever realize their HP calipers didnt clear certain versions. I bet you knew the several different alloy compounds of these wheels as well right, since the original RS 4 wheels were recalled in Europe (the ones with a 20mm offset)...

...and surely the $5000+ in parts, with a detailed parts list and resources for the RS 6 conversion mysteriously developed like a pimple on your face as well, and I bet no one that wanted to do that mod cares that you have to take a plasma cutter to your front reinforcement bracket in order to affix the RS 6 front bumper, but what do I know, I'm just the n00b who was the first to grab authentic RS 6 parts from Germany, from a guy who didnt even speak Eglish before taught folks around here how to ship internationally and avoid overly customs and duty taxes, then took the plunge and documented the removel installation procedure and even went so far as to source a reliable CNC vendor who could properly modify the shift gate for use on non RS 6 vehicles.

My small demonstration of DIY from clear corner methods to modifying a valence with a dremel tool to fit RS 6 oval tips, must have been really useless as well. I mean, the other five people I have done valence work for must really think I'm just a total waste of time now...

You see, I have a mechanic for lifting my engine, but I bet you have no clue as to where to source, obtain a parts list or even manage half of the mod's Ive done, so spare me your garbage (nothing I have would fit on your Turbo car anyway)

Best of luck with the timing belt, by the time I need a timing belt job, I'll buy a new car and start pioneering the next slue of mod's.

You stay stock and play with your turbo's OK?

Cheers.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Because April Hangs Out in the C6 Board...

I agree, after years of gleaning significant info on my C5's, I am tired of the second hand owners coming in and reposting or overboard moding. Sure miss the old days, but not going to buy a C6 to bring'em back.

Actually, ordered a '07 A4 3.2, but even that board doesn't have the interest that this board had the past 5 years.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's the only reason I'm here... ;-)

Luv ya April! Heh Heh Heh
Old 06-29-2006, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd...what does THAT mean????
Old 06-29-2006, 06:06 PM

Default LOL - you cowered in fear last time you saw him

of Austin liberals last time you saw him
Old 06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Verbal vomit, your specialty
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Austin liberals do make me shake!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Default I'll be making an appearance in Austin this weekend

and I'll be getting engaged to my own personal left wing liberal elite academic
Old 06-30-2006, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default CHILL OUT. Geez! Too many people have big orange cones up their @$$es these days.

My God.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:08 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if only Finman and Larry Gotts add a few gratutitous insults, we will be young again.

Quick Reply: I dont post much on here anymore and the reason below is a good example why?