A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

I just wanted to apologize

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just wanted to apologize

I didn't mean to cause such a commotion about the club name. I thought the name simply by meaning "leaders" would have been an excellent name for an Audi club. I didn't realize that it would cause such a fuss, and I meant no disrespect to anyone out there. It was not meant to be affiliated with World War II in any way shape or form, or its leaders. Again, I am sorry if I offended any of you, and if you still want to go and flame me for it because of whatever reason, feel free. I am a little more mature than that. I am not some racist, and I take great offense to any of you that made that insinuation.

No disrespect intended, and to anyone that was offended, I do apologize.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apology accepted dude. It's a bit a raw spot to a number of people

from those persecuted by Hitler, to those who fought him, to those of us of German extraction who had to face a lot of discrimination over the years for our accents or family names.

I'm sure you've taken a lot of heat for your first choice in club names. In and of itself, it is not a poor choice - but history has dicated otherwise. It's like "gay" now usually means homosexual or lesbian, and not somebody in good spirits. Thanks for having the guts to make this post.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:55 PM

Thank you very much.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Invitation to join a club that initially was called

Fuhrer. Now of course this simply means "leader" in German, but it has negative connotations all over the world after WWII.

This person took a lot of heat for their choice, seeming to have forgotten recent history. They have since changed the name of the club.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

OK - we all make mistakes.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey, how about calling the club "Leaders"? Works for me.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If not for what happened in WWII, it would have been a good name. Class act on the apology.

You just reaffirmed what I have always thought. Audi people are good people. Especially A6 drivers.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default A word of advice....

I'd suggest that you think a little before you post. First, you posted with that mess of "o"s in your email - did you actually expect anyone to count them in order to post to you? Then, right around memorial day, you post a club name that any 10 year old would know has negative connotations. After taking flak for that, you change the name to include umlauts and a "sharp S" - both are things that most folks couldn't find on a keyboard (I'd even have to stop and think about the ALT+ codes). Now you have another name may be a word, but shouldn't be used in conjunction with performance.

I'd strongly suggest that you quit using babelfish to find your names and find yourself a native German speaker - continuing on your present path just shows your ignorance.

I find it incredible that you are insulted that you've ticked most everyone off here - kinda like wearing a klan sheet into a black church and being upset that folks don't like you.

Personally, I'd go away real quietly from this board - do some research and then, if you must, come back with a new name and start from scratch - that is the beauty of the internet. For me, there's not much that you can say to fix this - either you did this because you are a total moron or you knew exactly what you were doing.....
Old 06-03-2004, 04:53 AM
Elder Member

Hmmmm... yes, very dumb & bad taste. Glad he reconsidered.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Torn between the extremes

On the one side, I have an aunt (by marriage) who was there during WWII, she no longer has any living blood relatives because of Fuhrer did,,, because of her and the milllions like hher, I agree with CEB completely,,,

On the other side of it, I have done some pretty bonehead things in my life. I have been forgiven for things that I would never forgive somone else for doing. If not for forgiveness, I would not have recovered from the mistakes of my past.

So, I say that §hroomin should stay and prove to us he is sorry. If what he did was intentional, well that kind of narrow mindedness can't be hidden for long, we'll find him out. If it was stupidity, we'll find that out too, but if it were an honest mistake, and I admit it was a BIG honest mistake, but he has said he was sorry. I am willing to give him one more chance.

Quick Reply: I just wanted to apologize