A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

It's Friday and I LOVE my car,,, Audi dealer story. (positive)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's Friday and I LOVE my car,,, Audi dealer story. (positive)

I dropped the TT off at Carousel Audi this morning for 25k service. While I was waiting for the next available tech, the lead service tech mutes his phone and practically yells across the room that someone will be with me in a minute, and calls me by name. Then, the tech I usually work with was just finishing up another customer gives me the 'I'll be done in a second' look and then waves to the guy that yelled like "I got him".

I left with the distinct impression that these service guys like me to bring the car by now and then for them to play with. They like hearing what I have tried or changed on the car... and I even feel that they like answering my odd questions.. like how hard is it to put a sunroof in a TT?

Anyway, How many people can say that they feel that their dealerships service dept is happy to see them? I'll pay a couple $$ more for that kind of service... but I am glad maint is still free on the TT. (it's an 04)

It's friday, I love my A6, and I love my wifes TT,,, and, right now, believe it or not, I love my Dealership.

....after my wife and kids of course,,, Wife & children first, then most of my family, then the A6, then the TT, then the dealership... and then the rest of my family. (some of my uncles & cousins are real pieces of work)

Happy Friday!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Fear the Miata!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dealer is very active with our local audi club and knows me and a lot of other customers by name

they are great........i really like dealing with them........but they do charge more for service...8^)
Old 08-04-2006, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I like the current dealership that I'm getting serviced at...

too bad I have to drive 100+ miles to get good service.

if Audi would cleanse itself of its bad dealers, then it would be a big diff.

MB service kicks arsch.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love my car too, and I like my dealer, but...

they quoted almost $400 for a CV boot, and the indy across the street (Audi/VW-only shop) is doing it for about half that price.

...the dealer costs more...
(that is for you DHP!)

...but I'll go to the dealer when my car needs repairs that are covered by warranty. But if on my own dime...probably will try to save a few bucks, but I will stick to Audi-brand specialty shops.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I do as much as I can on the A6, but if it is over my head, I usually pay the dealer.

The TT is under warrenty, so nobody but Carousel will touch it until the warrenty expires.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:59 AM

Exactly how I feel about Clair (ps: I love my car too)
Old 08-04-2006, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm happy that I don't spend enough time at dealer for them to know me by name...
Old 08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

T/J: Did you get bored of the other sig pic?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah, I got a lot of those "Do you work for Sun" e-mails...

and yes, it was the Sun Microsystems campus in the background, but I do not work there. This one is more generic, but has a bit of New England with the old brick and white church entrance.

I think this is one of my favorite pics, but I will avhe to retake this when I do the RS6 sides ))
Old 08-04-2006, 08:37 AM

Default BD....see your sig pic....question...

do you work at the white house??!!!! j/k (reference to the pillars in the background)

we should have a contest here....take a photo of your car SOMEwhere that is 'somewhat' of a landmark in your home city (if it's a large one) and see who can guess what it's in front of.....pic must be 'recognizeable' but not too obvious!

Quick Reply: It's Friday and I LOVE my car,,, Audi dealer story. (positive)