A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Just in case anyone is looking for carbon fiber...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just in case anyone is looking for carbon fiber...

Two different auctions for parts from the same set.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-S6-RS6-A6-Innendecor-Carbon-org-S6-Carbon-Leisten_W0QQitemZ160045090831QQihZ006QQcategoryZ99 372QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">4 carbon fiber door trim inserts</a> and <a href="http://cgi.ebay.de/Audi-S6-RS6-A6-Innendecor-Carbon-vom-S6-kompl-Carbon_W0QQitemZ160044693440QQihZ006QQcategoryZ993 72QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">..the other 8 pieces of the carbon fiber trim</a>

FYI - This is the S6 euro blue-weave carbon fiber trim, same stuff that I and 5speed6 have in our cars. Auction says Europe for shipping, but you never know...
Old 11-04-2006, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw both of those earlier today... must... resist... temptation!!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you should post that these are not yours. Either way, good luck getting the seller to ship to US...
Old 11-04-2006, 03:34 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

It's pretty obvious that they are not BD's....no issue here..
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I've had farily good success asking a seller, even last minute, to ship to the US...

I think it depends on the auction item(s). Obviously, small/light items are easy to ship and sellers are more willing to ship to the US. On the other hand, large/heavy items are much more difficult to ship, and might require some negotiating time to convince the seller to ship.

Small items like mirrors, interior trim, *****, switches, etc. are very easy to ship, so no issue here.

I was VERY lucky to have struck a deal for the alcantara headliner and pillar trim...VERY large and bulky item. But, as this stuff was already boxed up and ready to ship anywhere in Germany, why not? All it took was to arrange for a Eruopean FedEx agent to grab the box, and the seller to fill out a "few" extra forms. That deal was worth the extra work. In the end, it cost less than the cost of a single alcantara B-pillar.

On the other hand, I found the matching rear shelf, finished in alcantara with the power rear sunshade. The seller agreed to ship to the US prior to the auction end. However, once he found out the true cost to ship (it is heavy because of the shade and the motor), we canceled the deal. He originally estimated $100 USD to ship it, which I would ahve gladly paid, but he said later that it was more like $250 USD. No thanks.

Oh, and this is obviously NOT my auction, as I do not reside in Germany. Thanks for the reminder Ted.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Tempting, yes, but odd that the seller split the pieces up into two listings...

if you win one, you really want to win the other one so you have the whole set. Maybe not so odd after all...drives the price of the second set up perhaps?

Whatever...I just post it up if I see it. I am not endorsing this seller or this item. Just letting folks know that it is out there!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Isn't that exactly what I need for my PRNDS trans?

I got screwed before (anyone want a set for a single DIN with manual tranny?) So, I'm a little gunshy and not looking for another project.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Yes, it is. You could maybe focus on the non-door trim auction...

has all the other stuff you need.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default In worst case there are always AW:ers in Europe to help you out..

At least if the parts not are too much of a PITA to handle.

I'm in Switzerland currently so that may not be the best alternative (not member of EU so duty may apply, but never happened to me this far). But if you have no better alternative in Germany or other EU countries I'd be happy to help out.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

...one of the reasons why the AW community is so great!

Quick Reply: Just in case anyone is looking for carbon fiber...