A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Just got pulled over for doing 98mph on Route 78 in NJ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got pulled over for doing 98mph on Route 78 in NJ...

...the trooper asked if I knew how fast I was going - confessed I didn't and was super apologetic, it was all my fault, my bad, I'm sorry, etc. His response?

"****. Wish I had a car that I couldn't tell I was doing 100 in. Slow it down and have a good evening."
Old 02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

You're lucky!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

lucky bastard...i never get a break
Old 02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Agreed, you're lucky! I was given a break one time...

I was driving w/ the ex and I made a last second lane change out of a right-turn only lane into the straight-away lane. Anyway, a cop pulled me over and checked my ID. I told him I wasn't familiar w/ the roads after leaving a marriage counselor appt. He asked to see the counselor's business card and I showed it to him. Then, he said, "I pulled over about 16 cars yesterday and I didn't let a single one off the hook. But for you, I'll let you go this time. I hope your marriage works out."

Nice cop, but I got a divorce soon after. True story.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Default you're lucky he didn't write you up for your answer

not knowing how fast you were going. I got laser'd heading to the race track in my Dinan3 last year and was just shifting into 4th gear at 95mph. Full ABS down to 70mph and I just stayed there (in a 60mph zone). Saw him on an overpass getting onto the freeway and I simply pulled over immediately - didn't even give him the chance to chase me like I was oblivious.

Keep in mind I had full race harness belts on , race seats, supercharger, blah blah blah. I had idiot punk written all over me. By the time he pulled behind me (and after I ripped off the radar detector, mount, cord, and threw it under the seat) he came up to my open window and said, "thanks for not making me chase you. You knew how fast you were going right?" I responded, yes I did officer and I was wayyy out of line. It's not my style. I was heading to the race track where I usually keep my high speed driving there, where it is watched by flag workers, ambulances, and trained personell etc etc. Shaking and super appologetic, I fessed up.

His response, "well, I've heard my car can keep up with most anything and the two things I liked the most about this was you didn't test me, and you didn't lie. For those two reasons, you're getting off with a warning."

Then, he chatted with me for another 10mins about the car, track days, etc etc. I know he clocked me at 105mph or so in a 60 and I was facing jail time (at least that's what I thought). Bottom line is police officers absolutely hate being lied to or given the "hey, I'm going to lie to you since I think you're an idiot" line My thought is that he probably has already made up his mind about giving you a ticket after running your plates, looking at your record, and your attitude/honesty.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whew! :-)
Old 02-10-2005, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Go to church, lol. They just put another hundred troopers on our roads so watch out...

Get a V1 and lidatek for better preparation next time

Did he ask about your smoked tails?
Old 02-10-2005, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Always be honest...it pays

I drive on 80 in NJ quite a lot.... I never go over 80mph. They are just all over the place these days...well most of the time...
Old 02-10-2005, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Hope you bought a lottery ticket on your way home.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

incredible...and lucky! Nice to hear there are some decent troopers out there.

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over for doing 98mph on Route 78 in NJ...