A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

LL Tek ? Anyone had good service? (long) I haven't!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LL Tek ? Anyone had good service? (long) I haven't!

Hopefully you all have had better luck than I have to date. I ordered a spoiler and air dam for my 2.7T back in March. As of today they're still not on the car. It is now going on 6 months since I originally ordered. When I first received them, after an almost 2 month wait, the paint quality sucked so bad I wouldn't put them on a beater Yugo let alone a $50K car.

I was told that I would my parts in 10 days from the order date. My credit card had been hit and no one had returned either my calls or emails until one day I actually got someone who had a clue. But not once was I ever informed that my parts would ever be delayed. Supposedly they had to get a new paint booth, yada yada yada. Finally I was told they would get them out promptly. This was great because I would have them before I went on vacation for 2 weeks. They never showed up before vacation. The excuses I got for no returned phone or email was the growth of the company and that only one person handles all the email and he was out.

Finally my long awaited parts arrived. You can imagine my dismay when I finally got them, they were poorly prepped POS. The Zender parts needed some filling to smooth them out (which wasn't done) and then there was lots of surface debris. I couldn't believe that after all the waiting and as irate as I was at that point, no one checked them carefully before boxing them and shipping them to me. To not receive them before vacation was terrible as at this point it was probably 5 weeks from when I ordered them.

So I sent them back. Actually I tried to send them back. Finally they got the pick-up taken care of through UPS. This was in July. I was told by Neil (Neal?) that they would be looked at and that he would get back to me ASAP. I told him that I had another vacation coming up in mid-August and I would like them before then. No problem. Yes... no problem not to get them to me. I was gone from mid-July until Labor day and still no parts when I got back.

Neil had also agreed in our earlier conversations that the paint and prep was not acceptable. To rectify this he had to have them repainted twice to get them good enough to ship. I thought, oh my god, my parts are at last done; silly me. Our last conversation was I think on Sept. 7th. I was told that they would be shipped the following week because they were doing something with the warehouse. Well here it is Sept 23rd and I still don't have my freakin' parts back. I long ago paid my credit card bill and I called LLTek Friday, Sept 22 and no reply from Neil. At least I had gotten a phone call back from Neil in the past which was better than I seemed to do with anyone else in the firm.

I think that I have been more than patient enough. I would have thought that my parts would be waiting for me when I got back from a 3 week vacation but silly me; I thought they would get it right this time. Meanwhile I believed Neil when they said they would get them right and live up to my expectations. I understand that people/companies made mistakes. I am usually willing to forgive and forget. I understand customer service very well. I was in business for myself for many years. Its how you handle these problems that often define your business and reputation.

Other people I have talked to indicated they have had service issues with LLTek but ultimately it was all worked out to their satisfaction. Am I the only one getting the shaft here? I realize at this point I may seem a little hostile but I am really ticked off. I have been more than generous giving them time. I have lost the value of my money over time. For me there is another kicker to everything as well. Here in Minnesota it is now too cold to put on the parts when/if I finally do get them. The adhesive would take forever to cure in my unheated garage. I will be damned if I will go and pay someone to install them now.

So I guess that at the end of all this ranting is does anyone no how to make them get with the program here? This is the only Audiworld sponsor I have dealt with that has left a sour taste in my mouth. All the Audi people in general have been great. Todd @ AWE has been great, Garrett, APR and the list goes on. I work hard for my money as I am sure all of you do. If and when LLTek finally gets it right I will be glad to let everyone know. I think that after 6 months I should have my parts on my car or at least my money back. At this point I have neither. I hope that no one else is in my same situation! Any thoughts or input would be welcome.

Tim
Old 09-23-2000, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Service has been fair at best.... Don't think I'd ever buy another Audi,,, unless,,

I was shopping for a full size luxury car, and The upcoming A8 looks and drives as impressive as Audi has been promising with a new available turbo V8 and V12...
Old 09-24-2000, 07:41 AM

Default I'm glad you told us. I will think twice about dealing with LL Tek.

I will look to other suppliers before dealing with LL Tek after hearing your story.<p>S4elvis
Old 09-24-2000, 05:15 PM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Default He's not talking about a dealership, Kenny.

LLTek is an aftermarket parts shop.
Old 09-25-2000, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LL Tek ? Anyone had good service? (long) I haven't!

Thanks for the heads up. When you talk to LLTek for the first time, they really act as they are your best friends. I did asked them about the paint quality. They boasted about the second to none, high quality paint and finish. Are they talking out of there a--. I really do like the look of the Z6 rear spoiler. But if they are shipping 6 months out and the product is unacceptable, I better spend my money elsewhere. What do other A6ers think?<p>2.7t Manual Loaded,
Black w/ Vanilla Leather
So Sweet....