A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

LL TEK - minor rant...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2000, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LL TEK - minor rant...

Ordered a set off LL Tek's Front "lips " for my new A6 on 9/25 to be sent UPS Next Day with the Kamei grille as well for my dealer to paint when they put the rear factory spoiler on. The stuff arrived two days late - causing me to have to reschedule for a week later. Then when the body shop opened the box the front "lips" had been broken in shipping - their comment was that they were of " poor mold quality and made of a brittle grade of glass". They painted and installed the other items and I called LL to ask them for an RA number and credit. After a two weeks I finally spoke with Neil and he told me that I had to file a claim with UPS - UPS picked the box up on 10/25 and approved the claim on 10/26 - despite five calls to LL Tek they have yet to get the right materials ( an invoice) to UPS so that ups can pay the claim -

SInce I am in a customer service business and have a passion for cars I wanted to let others know of the challenges and advise them to be forwarned. I willingly spend good money yet I expect the service level to match and will not do business with those who's products and service don't meet standards - I fully understand that problems happen but it's how their resolved that seperates the companies.

Just an FYI and rant ..... thanks...Hope others have had a better experience.
Old 11-17-2000, 09:42 AM

Default Sorry to hear that........

really sorry to hear that.
i hope everything's fine now.
i almost order the front lip from LLTek.
i did ourchased Zender rear wing from them, and i realized the material they use was poor as you mentioned. from my experience, 90% of these after market car shop don't have good service.

good luck to you and your car.....
Old 11-17-2000, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default they are horrible to deal with...

i've done buesiness with them a couple times..and small things weren't bad like the aftermarket stereo spacers for the a4. but when it came to other products like the bottom door trim that has to be done by a body shop wasn't so good. and LLtek's customer service is horrible when it comes to problems...i will never order from them again...and the quality of their goods are poor. bad business they run. and a rip off...
can u see i'm a bit bitter?...ehehe