A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner

What the heck is worng with Audi dealerships? I drop my car off for the 8k service and get a TOYOTA CORROLLA for a loaner? My partner gets a Lexus when he drops his off for service. My boss gets a mercedes when he drops his off for service. I though Audi was trying to catch up with these guys! This is the second time this has happend to me and I am thoroughly pissed. It was my understanding that I would be recieving AUDI loaner cars. I have to admit, this is being a bit childish but I paid 45 large for a luxury automobile and I don't expect any less. Any comments?

I also bet they won't have it washed either.
Old 07-10-2000, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Loaner

The service and attitude at Audi is pretty poor.. Otherwise their cars are fine and respectable for the price.. At least you got a loaner car, most places try to skimp out on one saying they are over booked for a month.. I been to 3 dealers already, and the one I go to now seems to be the best.. They actually get warranty work done, rather than hold on to your car for 2-days untouched with nothing completed.. (literally)

Car wash?? get real, the last time I got my car back from the dealer, there was grease and dirt stains all over the carpet and interior of our car, and the interior is Melange which is a light color.. Really pissed me off..
Old 07-10-2000, 06:44 AM

Default Don't let them wash it

They do more harm than good with those brushes they use. And you don't get the cigarette stench after service? Well maybe next time if they like you're car they might take it for a ride and forget to clean the ashtray out. I'm now avoiding dealers whenever possible... every time someone says they have had great service, 25 say the opposite.

Dealer here in my town doesn't give any loaners, at least not to Audi customers. Next closest dealer makes you pay $25/day and then you might get an Audi if you drop an Audi off. Otherwise you pay $25 for whatever they have.<p>-----
<b>Muhammad
<a href="http://registry.audiworld.com/audi/registry/details.asp?car=2830">100CS</a> & <a href="http://registry.audiworld.com/audi/registry/details.asp?car=5188">A6Q</a></b>
Old 07-10-2000, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Don't let them wash it

I had a similar experience. My car was actually dirtier after I picked it up, than when I dropped it off. Not to mention it took me a while to get rid of all those water spots...
Old 07-10-2000, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Loaner

Don't blame the dealership; blame AoA. According to my salesman, loaners provided by other luxury dealerships are heavily subsidized by the factory, but AoA is not as generous. My last car was a BMW; loaners tended to be late model BMWs. Last time in, I had a '00 328i. I think there was a "test drive" strategy at work ("this guy is driving a six year old bimmer, let him see what a new one is like"). I've been told that my Audi loaner will be a VW.
Old 07-10-2000, 08:15 AM

Default the same game as here in germany

<p>Thorsten from Germany ordered:
A6 4.2q sedan, black/black, gps, xenon, sportsuspension, solar-roof and lotīs of further nice items.
I will pick it up at AUDI-Neckarsulm in 5 weeks.
Old 07-10-2000, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default AoA used to do that, but stopped with the newer cars. Now the dealers have to pay

for the cars they use as loaners. So, take 10-20 Audis and let people abuse them, or sell the cars?

Easy choice for a dealer.

PLUS, look at the cost difference between equal BMWs/M-B/Lexus and Audi. Would you pay more for a same-marque loaner?

Jon
Old 07-10-2000, 08:22 AM

Default No loaner, but sorry to brag ....

The dealership that I bought my (used) car from said that they would provide me with a loaner as long as I reminded them that I needed a loaner when I made an appointment to get the car worked on. Only problem is they are hour and a half away. I decided to take my car to a dealer that is only 30 minutes away, no loaner, but wow a GREAT Mechanic! The heck with the loaner, I will stick with a great Mechanic over a loaner any day! To boot, my car was immaculate when I picked it up!
Old 07-10-2000, 08:35 AM

Default Just to set the record straight.

Between '93 and '98 Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA, had Mazdas 323 for loaners (I don't know what they have now)
Old 07-10-2000, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re: the same game as here in germany

Quick Reply: Loaner