A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Long Island, NY meet -- Let's get one going, dudes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island, NY meet -- Let's get one going, dudes.

Okay guys. Why are all those cali people out there having fun driving their cars together in meets, while we're all sitting here twiddling our thumbs? I don't know about you guys, but honestly, i'm sick and tired of looking at all those pictures of Meets that those "SoCal/NoCal" guys have. You know who i'm talking about . It's time for us East SYYYYDE boys and girls (if any ) to have a meet.

The weather is getting to be nice here in NY, so i was wondering, when is everyone particularly free? My college will end the week of the 10th in May here in NY so after that i'm pretty much free (except work and my internship, but blah, thats all secondary ). I've already spoken with a few of you guys (Mike, Gareth) but we haven't gotten something down yet. Our major problem is getting people to attend. I know a lotta audi's, but not enough compared to those "west coast" people. We gotta get...okay, just saw an imola @ 60th street and b'way outside my window, anyway, we gotta get more people to come . This is just an L.I. meet. If any of you upstaters, or NJers, or Bostoners would like to come, hey, you're more than welcome, the more the merrier.

Now, speaking with Gareth and Mike from before (sorry guys, i forgot your names here on AW), we selected what we think to be a great location for the meet. The Loews Raceway Multiplex-Cozymels, Chilis, and that other restaraunt parking lot. The lot is HUGE and we've got access to the meadowbrook parkway which goes into Jones Beach, where we could take some beautiful shots and probably scope some babes.

Activities will include: getting to the meet, hanging out for a bit, then getting onto the highway and going to Jones Beach. Gareth wants to do a movie of the meet. I'm "very" down for that. After all, we gotta show those "west coast" suckas what NY is all about .

Now, about a date.
I'm thinking roughly around Memorial Day weekend, when most of us are free. Now don't throw up your hands get into a fit. This meet will only be a few hours long.

okay, so thats what we've got right now.

comments? ideas? suggestions? flame (west side anyone? )