A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

mildly interesting A6 story

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000, 12:46 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mildly interesting A6 story

Last night I was cruising home on 237 (here in the Bay Area) and right as I got off at the Middlefield exit, there was a car stopped on the off-ramp and it was dark.

I thought perhaps the car had died and the people needed help. When I was stopped at the light I noticed they were looking my way.

So I rolled down my window and asked if they needed help. The person (probably the driver) quickly said no, AAA was on the way.

He explained that his Porsche 911's computer said he had gas in the tank, but the car stopped running, so it was probably on the blink. He then quickly went on to explain that he had a car exactly like mine also (A6 2.7T, Cashmere Grey/Melange) but with a stick.

I said that that was quite ironic since the A6's were suffering under this recall due to fuel sender problems and here I was offering another A6 owner help with his fuel problem on his car, only not with his A6! He said that he just got the recall notice for his A6.

Odd.

The really odd thing is there were 3 full-grown men stopped by the side of the road stranded by a single Porsche 911. I pity the guy who was riding in back. He probably was glad to have the car die so he could get out and stretch his legs.
Old 07-19-2000, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: mildly interesting A6 story

Steve:

True, but not necessarily.

Some time ago, I had the occassion to pick up two fellow architects at the airport, both with luggage, in a 993 Targa. This is the 911 with the entire glass roof which "rolls" down and under the rear window. Anyway, some luggage went in the front, some went on one back seat, and Dan went on the other back seat, since he was the youngest (and presumably most limber) of the three of us.

With his legs in the other footwell, we made the trip to the office, and had a rousing good time emptying the car at our destination. I guess it helped that Dan also has a 993; perhaps that's why he was so agreeable.

Moral of the story? Yes, you can fit three grown adults into a Porsche, but not as comfortable as our A6Q...........Andras