A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

The mod I really needed, with the installation...laser in the mirror

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When you receive a "laser shift" signal, apply brake to posted speed, press mute button, cop..

then gets your current speed after you hit the mute button (it just turns off the shifters.)

It has only Laser Jamming capabilities and is legal until the cop finds out you jammed it :@ then he gives you a ticket out of ignorance

<small>God I hate cops...atleast the tickets they give me...</small>
Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have the ZR3 as well, saved me a good two or three times in three months :P

Well worth it IMHO...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

BINGO! I mean...you are correct.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sweet mirror install! Couple other q's for ya...

Did you level out the front receivers?

If not, I would advise in doing so.

(They won't function to their optimal capabilities unless you proceed in doing so, just a heads up)

I have the 8500 x50 linked with the ZR3. I love it!

I would like to go to the SRX or the SR7 (I swear they are the exact same thing, $100 retail price difference.) but who knows what I will end up buying...

Looks like you just bolted the front receivers to lower part of the bumper, correct?

I would like to see a couple more pics on the overall install as well as the mirror install.

Interesting place to install the mute button. I placed mine right below the gear shifter so it is a quick hand movement from the gear shifter and then back to my spirited driving in TIP lol!

Oh BTW, where did you get your pedals...I am trying to find some just like that...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I swear the SRX and the SR7 are exactly the same...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm... so pretty much all you are getting is an extra couple seconds to get to the limit then?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default thanks for the heads up on leveling, i will double check it. also,

yes bolted to undeside of front bumper. i didn't take any shots during the install but i was suprised how the mirror comes apart so easily. wire is routed into the dash through the firewall opening next to the coolant reservoir. RS6+ pedal set came from VAGPARTS in the UK, cost 138 Euro. : )
Old 01-15-2007, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The laser shifter deflects the spot reader preventing the law from getting...

..a reading. I am told that the cops can pull the trigger and get an instant reading. then a very quick reset and pull the trigger again. getting a readout depends on finding a flat surface to bounce off of and they target the front license plate or center of bumper, therefore sensors on either side of center. the display will react if i am targeted, then hit the brakes and slow down, then release the shifter to allow them to get a read. I am told the laser guns fail 3 or 4 times per 10 but not 100%. the switch allows me to let them read it and prevent getting pulled over just because i jammed them. it is not illegal in GA by the way, but is in some states.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes. Laser shifter/jammer - Radar detector. Radar is used in areas..

..where they can't get a clear shot, and has a broad view as opposed to pinpoint laser focus. radar is on in advance of your arrival, laser is point and shoot.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There is a speed trap on the interstate between my house and downtown ATL...

...one of these days i will be in their sights there. in the meantime i drive the area with a much more fearless attitude. have not been targeted yet. i'll let you all know when it proves it was worth it.

Quick Reply: The mod I really needed, with the installation...laser in the mirror