A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Moderators--sense of humor or beyond question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moderators--sense of humor or beyond question?

I asked nicely (I thought) about your moderation policy, and in response you DELETE my thread about JasonS8's Inquisition as well as his Inquisition itself. Because you deleted AFTER my inquiry, it obviously smacks of retaliation for the question being asked. I appreciate a good sense of humor, and if you have the guts enough to respond in this forum that it was meant to be funny, I'll accept it and move forward. If no response, I guess many of us will wonder if we've moved backward to "1984". Despite this intrigue, thanks again for a good site.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:48 AM

Yup, They got zapped alright. I guess I won't bother asking if the moderators believe in God. :-)
Old 09-08-2001, 10:58 AM

Chuckie--you missed their point: here and now they are God!
Old 09-08-2001, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Perhaps they simply got around to deleting then, unrelated to your post.

Or, listened to your advice. Why feel persecuted?
Old 09-08-2001, 11:07 AM

I'd like to think that...why not tell us? Me persecuted? Unfamiliar role for me. ;-)
Old 09-08-2001, 11:07 AM

In that case, see ya in hell! LOL
Old 09-08-2001, 11:33 AM

What the heck--you like s'mores? Might as well eat while we fry.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Please, enough of this already...

They don't owe anybody an explanation. They have the right to moderate or delete any message here for any reason.

If you want to babble about off topic subjects, go to the <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/misc.html">off topic forum</a>. They probably won't moderate your messages there. If you want to complain about their moderation policy, go to the <a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/feedback.html">feedback forum</a>. PLEASE don't post messages like <b>this one</b> here... this is the A6 forum. As long as you or anybody else posts threads like this one, I <b>hope</b> they continue to delete them.

BTW, the moderators don't always read the A6 forum much since it's usually quite settled down here, and moderation hasn't really been needed very often since the forum was opened. So, that might explain why you didn't grab any of the moderator's attention. A quick search of the feedback forum would probably return some threads from users like yourself, wondering what the moderation policy is.

FYI, so you won't have to post any more messages like this here, a quote from a post about moderation by AW IT Director Johannes Erdfelt; "Moderation is completely at the discretion of the moderators... and follow the general rule 'If it's not related to the topic of the forum, it's moderated, or in extreme cases, deleted'." AW's founder Jason Teller added, "Also, keep in mind... There is more than one moderator. We all do our best and try to be consistent. Nobody is singled out, I can guaranty that, unless they are abusing the Terms of Use."

In essence... chill already.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:56 AM

You're certainly entitled to your op, but what's more "on" topic than how the forum is run?
Old 09-08-2001, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The A6/S6.

Read my post. There's an entire forum for the topic of 'how the forum is run' ... your logic suggests we could post about the A4 or A8 here... why on earth would that be considered on topic when there are forums for the A4 and A8?

It's off topic.

Quick Reply: Moderators--sense of humor or beyond question?