A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

my allroad's production/delivery

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2000, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my allroad's production/delivery

I just stopped by my Audi dealer [Criswell Audi in Annapolis, Maryland] to inquire about the production and delivery of my allroad. I was the first person to order one at this dealer and I assume one of the earlier orders from the USA.

The sales manager just got a fresh stack of some type of status sheets. He said that my car goes into production the last week in October and should be delivered to the dealer about 30 days later.

Basically he said that I could expect the car around Thanksgiving.

Still no word on pricing. Much more detail should be available after AoA does dealer training. The local training is scheduled for the first week of October at Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia.

He also said that they will probably get some allroads delivered ahead of mine. Basically Audi sends some cars ahead of time in various colors/options that were not special ordered.

Thought some of you might be interested.
Old 09-18-2000, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my allroad's production/delivery

but how you can get color and assesories I ask my dealer and they don't have any brochures and neather price
Old 09-18-2000, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They have order sheets

I agree that it is a pretty poor situation to have to order a car off a faxed, one-page order sheet without any detail of the options available. This is mitigated by two facts: first, the premium package includes about every single option and in my mind is a no-brainer. Secondly, many of the options are the same as what you can see on the rest of the A6 line. My biggest problem was to choose between the optional and standard wheel. I ended having to contact the allroad brand manager up in MI to get find out what the standard wheel looked like. I finally chose the standard wheel for ease of cleaning.

Ordering without price is also annoying, but one thing I know for sure: my $500 deposit is refundable if I don't like the car or the pricing. I expect I will have to pay MSRP or certainly close to it.
Old 09-19-2000, 07:00 AM

Default Re: They have order sheets, post card type brochures and my $500.

I chose the optional wheels for the Pirelli's, but the rest of the options were no brainers until the dealer left out the optional rear seat.
So, they swapped for the seat and I lost the Nav.
No big deal. But now I am told my "nameless" car will be delivered by the first of November. No special order here....now. Just one of the first "dealer" allroads with my color and option selection.
Old 09-19-2000, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Optional wheels for Pirelli's??

The standard wheel is the exact same size as the optional wheel and comes with the same unique tire designed for the allroad which may be supplied by Pirelli OR Goodyear.

The design of the standard wheel is 5 spoke with a kind of square block accent toward the outer end of each spoke. I know my verbal description does little good. I should see if I can scan the fax that I got from AoA.
Old 09-19-2000, 12:09 PM

Re: Optional wheels for Pirelli's....No...Sorry about that...my mistake