A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

My new license plates...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new license plates...

Pardon the crappy camera-phone pics and ugly weather, but I'm trying to kill some down-time at work. Considering that trying to get vanity plates in Mass is as simple as applying for your license to kill, I'm glad to have finally gotten my plates yesterday!

Whaddya think? []
Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

ha nice one! In Quebec we can't personalize our plates, but if I ever move to Ontario, I'll think about a personalized plate....
Old 07-08-2009, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 04/A6/2.7t/S-line
ha nice one! In Quebec we can't personalize our plates, but if I ever move to Ontario, I'll think about a personalized plate....
Move now!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

lol I know I should!!
but one good thing in Quebec is you only need to have a plate in the back, no front plates on Quebec vehicles.....

but since my car was bought from Ontario is has 4 holes where the plate used to be.... bummer.... I may as well have a plate then, to cover the holes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Cool!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice. I was thinking 2XTRBO for mine... or TRBOX2 (but that looks like "Trrr Box 2" to me. I'm sure it's been done, but I'm new to Audis, so I'm new to the applicable vanity plates discussions for them too! Speaking of which... I need to go find that thread...
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 6605stang
Nice. I was thinking 2XTRBO for mine... or TRBOX2 (but that looks like "Trrr Box 2" to me. I'm sure it's been done, but I'm new to Audis, so I'm new to the applicable vanity plates discussions for them too! Speaking of which... I need to go find that thread...
From the Mass RMV website:

1. The Registrar will not knowingly issue a requested Vanity registration plate containing a group of letters or combination of numbers and letters if the plate is either offensive or duplicative of an existing registration. Specifically,
the Registrar will not issue a requested combination of letters and numbers or letters alone if:
♦ Such combination is vulgar in that it is in poor taste or is degrading or is considered a profanity, including a swear or curse word, not usually displayed in the community for general viewing
♦ Such combination is derogatory in that it disparages or belittles someone or something
♦ Such combination is obscene in that it refers to a sexual body part, a term for or most closely associated with a sex act, or the availability for sex
♦ Such combination is an expression of contempt, ridicule, or superiority of a race, religion, deity, ethnic heritage, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation
♦ Such combination is an expression of “fighting words” designed to inflame passions and possibly lead to a violent confrontation
♦ Such combination would appear to duplicate a registration already issued

2. The Registrar may reject a requested combination for other reasons if she reasonably determines that issuance of the requested combination would be inappropriate as a state-issued registration plate.
3. It is irrelevant whether offensive material is communicated when reading the vanity plate from left-to-right or from right-to-left, when viewed through a rear view mirror, or whether it is in a foreign language or in a code which only a small segment of the community may be able to readily decipher.
4. The Registrar reserves the right to recall a vanity plate that has been issued, even if such registration and plate have been renewed. If the Registrar becomes aware that a group of letters or a combination of numbers and letters appears to be offensive in nature, or that a plate appears to duplicate an existing registration, this will be sufficient cause for recall.