A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

My other rides....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think I would drive the 4.2 much : )
Old 01-28-2004, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Ray, you see this?

Maybe you can get a part-time job detailing and doing underhood checks.

Jas, my son posts here, may end up at UK. It's the wife's alma mater, and his grandparents are 90 miles west in E-town. I wouldn't mind doing "check-up on the kid" visits while Keeneland is running.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey Ray, you see this?

JimR, Ray,

You guys are welcome anytime ! I live 5 minutes from Keeneland. Always great to talk to fellow car nuts, especially audiphiles !

Feel free to email and contact if you are coming in to town...I did my residency at UK and my wife is doing hers now. I'm sure your wife has told him already, but its a great school and even better city !
Old 01-28-2004, 03:48 AM

Default Someone had to do it, some humor for the AW old skool crowd...

Jas A64.2, good for you man, how about a quick run-down on each cars positives and negatives, please.<ul><li><a href="http://homepage.mac.com/orangemarlin/PhotoAlbum1.html">Ahhhh...good times.</a></li></ul>
Old 01-28-2004, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Speechless. And on top of all this, I bet your wife is hot! I don't care what kind of . . .

doc you are. I'm comin' to you even if I only have a hang nail! Can I list you as my primary care physician?

Yeah, um, I live in Michigan. I figure with the RUF, you could be here in about an hour and a half.

Congrats on the stable. It sounds like you (and your wife) have earned it!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Speechless. And on top of all this, I bet your wife is hot! I don't care what kind of . . .

Thanks man...I appreciate the kind words...I still pull 24hr shifts at work and don't see myself slowing down soon...

Cars have been an interest since childhood that by hardwork, luck, grace and a good wife, we can now indulge in.

Nothing more relaxing than driving or tinkering with these...keeps my head on straight !
Old 01-28-2004, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Woohoo!! That seals it, UK for sure! ; )

So how DID you get an RUF brought in? You have to import it or find it at some specialty dealer?

Man... That is a nice collection.

(im JimR's son btw)
Old 01-28-2004, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Woohoo!! That seals it, UK for sure! ; )

Glad I could help make your decision !

To answer the Ruf question. Ruf cars are legal to import to the US. They have their own VIN# and pass all US emissions requirements...no problem at all. Get it delivered to a port, and drive it home !

Well, there are two ways you can approach this. If you want a Ruf VIN# car, where Ruf gets the body shell from Porsche and builds the car with their own VIN#, you are looking at $220,000 just for the 520hp model. Or you can purchase your 996TT and have them convert it to Ruf specs which is what I did. This involves shipping the required ECU, EXHAUST, BIGGER TURBOS, REVISED INTAKE, AIR FILTER, SUSPENSION, WHEELS, TIRES, INSTRUMENT PANEL, PEDALS, SHORT SHIFTER ....and then having a Ruf tech fly over from Germany to do the install. This cost me about 50k on top of the price of my '03 TT...

Would I do it again ? My next Ruf will be spec built on the next generation TT. One of the classiest outfits I have ever dealt with and Alois Ruf is one of the nicest people you will ever talk to
Old 01-28-2004, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think you meant to say it kept your head bent back....
Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 AM

Default I thought those plates looked familiar. Can I zip up from Louisville and go for a spin?

What is your specialty and where do you practice? Just wondering whose healthcare dollars are sponsoring such a fine fleet of cars.

Quick Reply: My other rides....