A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Noise in front wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 01:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That sucks : ( But your experience with BMW may not be much better...

it tends to vary as much as the Audi dealers do. Maybe Japanese is the way to go; how about an Evo VII? : )

-st
Old 10-27-2002, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm, forget the CV joint...perhaps the caliper is not affixed properly...

or some other loose part within the braking system...something is definitely amiss...
Old 10-27-2002, 01:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default WOW - that is insane that your wheels get that hot.

Maybe the issue really is with the brakes, doesn't sound like they are handling that heat well at all.

As far as the boot goes, my friend drove with his open for about that long. On the other hand, the assembly never really heated up that much.

To be honest, I'm sort of stunned by how hot the whole wheel, joint, and brake assembly get under your daily conditions. Turning the rotors every 10km seems crazy to me, but I have never owned a car in a really hot climate before. <shrug>

-st
Old 10-27-2002, 01:31 AM

Default Re: WOW - that is insane that your wheels get that hot.

Well, sometimes summer all round is good. We dont have to buy winter clothes, winter"shoes" for the car and so on. We dont save for the rainy day either

I think cars sold here are adapted(all american cars have bad repo here - they seize). I have seen my suzuki bought here has bigger raditor than the suzuki I imported from Australia. Nonethe less - both work fine - Japs - the most relaible cars ever.

I think the polishing rotor thing is becasue my dealer doesnt want to admit that rotors are warped and keeps on polishing, and problem reappears after 5-7kKm.

Another reason why my dealer is bad - I always complain(form 30kKm when they changed sensor) that my temp is high-it is 95-100 degrees. He says its normal. Before that, no matter what-the needle was always 90 degrees. Sometimes the ac switches off when driving in start stop traffic(yesterday I tried to find parking in business district for 3 hours- no parking
The oil temp is always less than 120 degrees. (goes up only when I drive at 200km for 30 mins or so)

So much for the Audi relaiblity. My car has spent 30 days in dealership for last 2 years. Bills till now - USD 2500. Hey I want to get rid of this crap. Bimmers here I come.....
Old 10-27-2002, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Had any work done on your brakes lately?? (m)

There a bolt on your caliper that is listed "always replace". Most poeple don't replace it. It's fine if they don't as long as they apply some loctite before re-installing.

If you don't apply loctite the bolt has a tendancy to work itself free.

Just a thought..
Old 10-27-2002, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just the rears or front too? Why did you change your name again? You have issues? ;-)
Old 10-27-2002, 10:54 AM

Too technical for me. Will ask dealer
Old 10-27-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Re: That sucks : ( But your experience with BMW may not be much better...

Whats an Evo?
When choosing cars in late 2000, I ditched Lexus becasue of only one reason. F*** green clock and camary buttons for windows.

I regret it deeply.
Cost of Lexus and Audi was same $39k.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:01 AM

Default Re: That sucks : ( But your experience with BMW may not be much better...

I had 318. No car manufacturer in the world can mix and match such beautiful chasis/suspension design to cheap plastics and still make it a best seller.
When it comes to raw pleasure, BMW is the best - Anybody who disagrees will attract a lot of flame. But when it comes to interiors, nobody can beat an Audi.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was just talking in terms of reliability : ) My brother and father both own BMWs and they have the

same sort of small issues we have.

-st

Quick Reply: Noise in front wheels