A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

OEM parts source needed (Mats, keys, cargo screen, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM parts source needed (Mats, keys, cargo screen, etc.)

I just got my 2002 S6, and love it. Details in this thread:
https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/607189.phtml

As noted in the above post, I will need a few dealer parts purchases. Are there any good sources that discount well?

My car came without floor mats, and I'd like to get OEM-quality black carpet mats. It would be nice to have S6 logo mats. What is stock with this car? I would also be satisfied with top quality non-logo mats with the same connection snaps. Blaufergnugen (who advertises here) seems to have some nice carpet mats.

I also need a cargo screen unit, which did not come with the car. To match black interior. The dealer probably wants an arm and a leg, and this might be worth finding in a parted-out car, unless there is a good source that discounts well. Should I post a WTB notice in the classified here?

The car came with only one key, so I need at least one more, for Mrs. Escargot. I know I need to visit the dealer with all keys and the car to have things programmed. However, would it make sense to buy at a discount elswhere, and hope the dealer doesn't seek revenge by overcharging for the programming service? (I will call them to see how they normally price it.)

I'll also get some touch-up paint, maybe a cargo net (do these work well?) and a cargo area mat.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Try Clairparts.com. They are affiliated with Clair Audi here in Boston. If you don't see

what you need, call them, they can get it for you. See the link below, and welcome to the forums!<ul><li><a href="http://clairparts.com/">Clair Parts - klik me!</a></li></ul>
Old 03-19-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Some answers.

First, congrats! Great car, you'll love it.

Second, I get the "S-car go" part but it could also be interpreted as Audi "Snail" and the S6 ain't no snail!

I just had breakfast with 2 other S6 owners this morning. One of them wanted a replacement drivers mat and they made him buy the whole set. He said it was only like $100, I thought that was cheap. They're not logo'd.

I think you'll have to get the key from Audi, I wouldn't trust the Ebay or other online sellers.

By cargo screen do you mean the cargo cover? If you think you need it, find one from a parted out car. My guess is that all A6 Avants used the same part. One of the guys I met with this morning had his attached and used it BUT he parks his car in DC regularly so he needs it. Took all the cargo covers out of my 3 A6 Avants and never used them.

Cargo net? You mean the one that attaches to the floor? On my 3rd A6 Avant, never used one, don't bother. Is the cargo "screen" attached to the back seats? I mean the one that pulls up and attaches to the ceiling. That's the only one of the 3 I've ever used and that was to keep the dog in the back.

Cargo area mat? Do you haul stuff often enough that you're concerned about the carpet? Regular ski trips using the ski sack could be worth it. I'd probably go for a roof rack instead.

Good luck with the new ride!

Jim
Old 03-19-2006, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dealer for mats, net, and key. Want adds for cargo cover. The cover

is something like $600 from Audi. They S6 uses the same cover as the A6. Some people don't use them but I like having one to cover up the contents and keep the sun off groceries. I bought the rear rubber mat from Audi for around a $100. The only problem is that the front of the mat covers the cargo net front hold down hooks making the net pretty worthless. I may cut holes in my mat to access, but then it won't be waterproof. Alternatively, I may look into mounting new hooks on the side wall.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Some answers.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess the "S-car-go" meaning suggests 1. "S" (as in "S6"), it suggests 2. "Cargo" as in wagon, and it suggests 3. an inconspicous form (station wagon) that is normally thought of as slow, and does not attract attention as being speedy. A rocket in snail's clothing.

If there were and are no logo carpet mats (I prefer carpet for quiet and luxury as opposed to gritty rubber) then a quality aftermarket makes sense. Claireparts.com wants over $200 for a set of 4 mats. If no logo, then aftermarket is just as fine (probably produced by the same factory at half the price.)

Yes, I am looking for the cargo cover (not the net that is pulled up to keep cargo from flying forward into the passengers). I'll keep an eye out for the parted out cars around here for one. (Black/onyx for anyone looking to sell theirs).

Our typical ski transport mode would be two skiiers up front, with a rear seat folded, not even deploying the sack. A rack is a fuss, and a noisy pain to carry around all the time, or to remove and replace. That's what is nice about a wagon (and your skis don't get road grimed.)
Old 03-19-2006, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cargo/luggage cover color?

I wonder if any S6/A6 owners with black interior can tell me what color their real luggage screen is. The pix I'm seeing at Shokan make it seem like they might all be the same gray color, but I'm entirely unsure. I suppose the dealer parts department could tell me what colors they come in.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think they are all the same flat black color regardless of interior.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:30 AM

We had a White A6 Avant with tan interior and the cover matched.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The standard Avant probably has more interior options. I think all S6's were the same, I

wanted tan on my black car but didn't seem to exist.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, all the S6 luggage covers are black. (Now to find one!)

Quick Reply: OEM parts source needed (Mats, keys, cargo screen, etc.)