A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

OK, Dealer IS great BUT, didn't power wash the dirt off the car and scraaaaaaaaaaaaatched the shi+..

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, Dealer IS great BUT, didn't power wash the dirt off the car and scraaaaaaaaaaaaatched the shi+..

out of it.
They 'fessed up and it's going in for a full wet sand detail buff & polish sometime next week whenever I can get my schedule to jibe. I guess this is one way to make sure they do the power wash first before putting the brush to it. I've got 'swirly's' all over the side of it. *Sniff* my pooooor baby!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Saw some dumb bimbo putting brush to dirt last week at the carwash. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Only a POS Ford.
Old 02-23-2004, 07:45 PM

Default Went 2 a full service wash & they tried that, I waived my arms &screamed HEY HEY HEY HEY,..

rinse it down first!!!!
Last time I go there.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Power wash a car??? I'm not sure that's a great idea. The thought of....

1200+ psi hitting the paint scares me. I've seen power washers abrade wood really fast - I'd be very reluctant to use one on a car. Are we talking about the same thing?

JB
Old 02-24-2004, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default never allow power wash. And really -the 1st thing I always say to my dealer is

DON'T WASH IT!!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Agree!! In addition to telling them, I also put a big note in the car that says DON'T WASH THE CAR.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yup, never allow dealer to wash after this experience:

Had my ''99 A6 avant in for service a couple of years ago after a ski trip. The car was very dirty. Since I was killing time waiting for the car, I walked around back near the wash bay where I could see the "kid" wash my car. He literally washed the entire car with only one or two dips of the wash mit into the soap bucket and with no concern about starting at the top of the car and working down. Instead, he randomly smeared dirt and grit all over the car, top to bottom, bottom to top, side to side.

Since then, my permanent computer record says "DO NOT WASH" on it, which I require the service writer to highlight with a colored marker. In addition, I tape a large "DO NOT WASH" note on the steering wheel hub, where it can't be missed.

Later, when I talked to a service writer there about my experience, he told me he would never let the dealership wash his car.

Andy
Old 02-24-2004, 06:59 AM

Default A power washer can strip concrete, it can also rinse away grime without scratching or damaging the..

paint. All depends on the size of the engine behind the power washer. Your typical power washer @ Costco 5.5 HP is perfect for the job. All of the pressure can be regulated by how far from the car you keep the tip.
I owned a power wash service for 3 years, experience talking here. ALWAYS power rinse a car before putting any kind of sponge, pad, mob, brush to it.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I had my service writer note in her coumputer, DO NOT WASH!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Try this:

Before you bring in the car, print up a list of what you've noticed is not right - that doesn't mean diagnosing the problem - just observations. Also note things things in large letters, like "NO WASH." If the people washing the car speak different language, try to print the appropriate instructions in their language as well on a third sheet. Tape it to the dash

Give one copy to the service writer, and leave the other copy on the steering column in front of the dash. That way both the service writer and tech are on the same page.

Quick Reply: OK, Dealer IS great BUT, didn't power wash the dirt off the car and scraaaaaaaaaaaaatched the shi+..