A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

An open letter to AoA marketing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An open letter to AoA marketing.

I'm sure everyone has a different preference concerning the option combinations they would like to have available. I'd like to have the sport suspension in my 2.7T with the standard seats. I don't fit in the sport seats. (I'd also prefer the standard wheels, but I won't muddy the issue.) Since my car is leased, I have no intention of trying to retrofit any of the sport suspension components, nor am I unhappy enough with the stock suspension to spend the extra money anyway.

I notice that in the S8 there is a choice of either sport or non-sport seats. I think AoA could make a little more money if this same option were available with the sport package.

Market pricing is acceptable to me, so I'm not complaining, but I doubt it costs AoA a great deal more to offer the standard sport package on the 2.7T than without it. I suspect the "package" was assembled from Audi AG options to offer a perceived value to a market segment via the three "enhancements" of seats, wheels and suspension rather than only the suspension. I for one, would have taken the sport suspension without seats and wheels, and still been happy to pay the same price. (I.e., $1000 MSRP.)

Through the sport seat only option, I think AoA has limited a market for a product that could offer significant net incremental profit at little cost.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:04 AM

Default Re: An open letter to AoA marketing.

I certainly agree! I bought a 2.7 T on Friday and would have been happy to take the PSK Sport Package for $1,000 with the standard seats. I was lucky with the wheels as the dealer is going to give me the standard 2.7 5 spoke wheels as part of my purchase. Additionally I would be glad to pay for the Homelink as a separate option as I don't really want a sunroof.
Old 04-01-2001, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I agree ...

I would have preferred to order the sport seats and install my own suspension, and delete the sunroof. Assuming, of course, that the individual options would have been reasonably priced when not "bundled."
Old 04-01-2001, 12:37 PM

Default Agreed.

The sport suspension should be much easier to get than it is. I also chose to take a non-sport car and add the components later at substantially greater cost... money I would happily have paid to Audi in order to get it from the factory.

- Leo
Old 04-01-2001, 02:07 PM
DWP
AudiWorld Super User

Default You betcha!

I would like a delete option for the sunroof and the sport seats. Even if it saves no $$ at all as compared to the package. Call me a curmudgeon if you like, but I hate being forced to take things I don't want just so I can get what I do want.
Old 04-01-2001, 05:19 PM

yep!
Old 04-01-2001, 06:47 PM

Default another thing -- allow sunroof without leather

No obvious reason to pack those two together. You can get leather without sunroof, but not the other way around.

- adam
Old 04-01-2001, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Buy the sport package and swap seats with someone. There has to be a little guy just aching for them
Old 04-01-2001, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

oh - and make him pay the labor for the upgrade!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Amen! PSK/T suspension w/o "sport" seats!!!

Audi could have pocketed another $1K of my money that way. Instead I'm forced into non-Sport of any sort

Quick Reply: An open letter to AoA marketing.