A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Pearlescent white exterior, but what interior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pearlescent white exterior, but what interior?

I saw last night a new pearlescent white '00 A6 2.7T. Strikingly beautiful! I was enchanted. (By the way the sticker showed that the extra cost for the paint was $1,200.) As much as I love the pearlescent white, I disliked the solid gray onyx interior--Ambition, perhaps--which seemed to me to be so gloomy and oppressive. My favorite interior is vanilla/royal blue. If Audi won’t build for me an A6 with a pearlescent white exterior and a vanilla/royal blue interior, any recommendations on the best interior to go with a pearlescent white exterior?
Old 04-25-2000, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Pearlescent white exterior, but what interior?

Black!
Old 04-25-2000, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has the melange leather and the brown/melange dash ... lots of compliments!
Old 04-25-2000, 08:32 AM
JP4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ambient/Melange (IMHO)
Old 04-25-2000, 09:10 AM
MA6

Default Had the same problem

When I tried to find out what interiors you can get with Pearlescent White, I got nowhere. I was told "The same as Casablanca White" (dealer 1), "Any interior" (dealer 2), "Let me get back to you" (*ahem* AoA ), and "Melange, Onyx, and Tungsten" (I think I deduced this from Edmund's listing or something).

My ultimate choice would have been Pearl exterior, Royal Blue interior (gone in 2001). Since that wasn't an option, I thought Pearl w/ Vanilla & Royal Blue. Since 1/2 the responses said that wasn't an option (CB White doesn't allow it and Edmunds(?) didn't list it), I pondered and eventually decided Ming Blue w/ Vanilla & Royal Blue.

Unlike most everyone, it seems, I agree that the Onyx interiors, as nice as they look, are too dark. They make the car feel smaller and slightly uncomfortable. The Tungsten Grey, while really nice, was too staid for me. Maybe when I'm 40 or so I'll feel comfortable with it.

Check if Vanilla & Onyx isn't an option and see if you like it. I debated it but liked the blue better (my 2000 order was a Silver w/ Royal Blue). Incidentally, I saw a Silver w/ Vanilla & Royal Blue and thought, honestly, it wasn't very attractive. The Silver doesn't go well with Vanilla, I think.

Anthony
Old 04-25-2000, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can order one in Pearl white with...............

melange - ambiente
onyx - ambition
vailla/onyx - ambiente
tungston - advance

Audi requires we have a specific customer to special order the pearl white. Some dealers cheat, some have orders fall through, but every pearl white car that comes here has a customer name attached to it at the factory.

PS the silver looks terrible with vanilla:-(
Old 04-25-2000, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Mine has the melange leather and the brown/melange dash ... lots of compliments!

My one week old 4.2 in casablanca white and melange and brown steering wheel and brown and melange dash.....has gotten tons of compliments!
Old 04-25-2000, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I can order one in Pearl white with...............

Thanks to all for the helpful advice. My first choice for an interior color was royal blue, but Audi unwisely dropped that option. (Actually, I'd prefer cobalt or electric blue Recaro seats.) The vanilla/onyx interior seems nice enough to order.
Old 04-25-2000, 12:28 PM

Default Re: I can order one in Pearl white with...............

Have you seen a racing green with vanilla/onyx? The choices for 2001 are so limited (and royal blue, my first choice which I did see in a light silver car that looked very good indeed, is gone) that that combination seems the best to me. In theory--I haven't been able to see one in real life. I just don't like the onyx or grey interiors--the combination with the dark headliner is just too somber and claustraphobic for my taste.
Old 04-25-2000, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default We have two Pearl white A6s on our lot....

One is A6 2.7T with 6speed with onyx interior and
the other one is 4.2 with Vanilla interior.

Ken Kanazu
aka 'Uzanak'
00 S4

Quick Reply: Pearlescent white exterior, but what interior?