A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Place to buy Rotors? Mine warped 3 times now!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have a warped rotor problem on pretty much any car I owned. I figured it out though. I love washing my car and found that when I got home from work or a trip I would wash my car right away before putting it away. If your rotors are hot it is not a good idea to spray them with cold water. This will cause them to warp. This may not be your issue but just my two cents!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Man, the EBC is crap. Get the real ****, quality and almost can't warp.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ ^ Those are made with high-quality materials, its design is like no other. Dont get both cross-drilled and slitted. Its one or the other. These Brembo Max slitted lines lead the dust, water, and gas out. Not like these

Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

went through the same problem that your facing now, rotors and pads together every time, well this is a bit redonkulus, there has to be a better solution somewhere and here's what i found out. the boys at R1 concepts sold me a pair of slotted vented and drilled rotors plus some other stopping goodies, now here's the kicker, after hearing me complain about having to replace rotors with each pad overhaul, they suggested that i have them cryogenicaly frozen, as you might expect this was met with just a bit of reserve, but what he said was, this meathod hardens the rotors to a point where i will be able to get atleast 2 if not 3 pad replacments, i've only had them in for about 8k so far and the improvement was noticiable but not earth shaking, so , give them a call and see what you think , D
Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I bet not. Do a STA on "pad deposits". I removed my rotors, sanded them withg a 60-grit sanding clock and reinstalled. Voila. Fixed.

Grant
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Just Me
I bet not. Do a STA on "pad deposits". I removed my rotors, sanded them withg a 60-grit sanding clock and reinstalled. Voila. Fixed.

Grant
Still, it's not as good as a slitted or cross-drilled. They actually do work, while people cry about the blanks are better. But not, tests show otherwise.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

I call BS. Please provide a link to said test results.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what does this have to do with pad deposits?

Slotting and drilling ure used to evacuate air so that brakes clamp faster under racing conditions. In all other respects they are inferior.

Grant
Old 07-31-2009, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Heat reduces braking bite and braking overall, the Brembo slotted that I provided are good. My friend has them on his S4, goes to track and street and still bites better and brakes better than plain standard blanks.

The dust, water, and deposites get between the pad and rotor and reduces the braking. Thus, slotted (imo best choice) gets rid of this and keeps great contact and braking. Why else does Audi, BMW, and Mercedes use cross-drilled and/or slitted on their Sport Models (M, AMG, S & RS)

Obviously it has some advantage. If you slam the brakes on a blank rotor, you'll crystallize the pad. Slitted rotors shaves/slices the surface of the pad to get rid or prevent the crystallization. Once warped and crystallized you get **** braking, squeaking, and what not.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Buying some ESC or EBC crap from eBaymotors or unknown braking name, means you'll get cracking if you get cross-drilled or unequal slits. Brembo and StopTech are quality products that last and design to prevent warping and exceptional braking which lasts.

Quick Reply: Place to buy Rotors? Mine warped 3 times now!