A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

poll: Online shopping for car parts (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-1999, 09:09 PM
jason

Default poll: Online shopping for car parts (please read)

I`m conducting a review for a report of how many people purchase (or don`t) parts for their cars online. Please answer the following poll, or provide your own input on this subject:
("parts" refer to aftermarket performance parts)
1. Do you purchase parts for your vehicle online (replacement or aftermarket)?
2. If not, why?
3. Are you comfortable providing your credit card information online given it`s a secured site?
4. When you do purchase a performance part online, are you comfortable with your decision at
the time of purchase? That is, how do you come to that decision (i.e. ask around, impulse, etc.)?
5. What improvements would you make in this market to make you a more frequent shopper of
online performance parts? That is, instead of going to a shop or calling in, what components
and/or necessities would you require to shop online for your car more often?
6. What DO you like about current online parts shops?
7. What DON`T you like about current online parts shops?

Feel free to add any additional information

E-mail me at jharris@cnmnetwork.com if you don`t want your anwers publicly displayed.

I appreciate your responses.
Thanks

Jason
Old 11-15-1999, 03:28 PM
Kendall-

Default Re: from experience, my opinion on online shopping for parts

Since our Audi is brand new and includes scheduled maintenance, I only order parts (mostly repalcement) for my older BMW... What I do, is look at the parts distributors or stores that sells the parts for my particular car and make online... If the prices are competitive, I ALWAYS ask for a catalog through the mail.. The catalogs are more extensive than looking online and i personally feel it is more convenient, to order over the phone.. Besides most phone salesman are very knowledgeble about the products, and sometimes give recommendations that online ordering does not.... Online catalogs I find are harder to look up parts because you have to download each page, and it's harder to save these pages when I want to come back and comparison shop.. I think online catalogs benefit from limited time clearance items, since most stores update their online catalog more frequently than mail order catalogs..