A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Premier Purchase Plan

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premier Purchase Plan

Have any of you had any recent experience buying a new or used Audi on this plan? It seems to give you a much lower monthly payment than a lease or straight purchase. Plus, you can now walk away and turn the car back to Audi at the end of the term rather than make the ballon payment. A dealer in Chicago said most of his customers are buying their cars on this plan now.

Your comments are welcome.
Old 12-30-2001, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not available in Ca. I believe it is a purchase with a balloon payment at the end of term. The

difference is that it shows intent to buy the car at the end of the term, vs leasing has the intent of turning the car back in. You can walk away from a lease at the end of term, responsible only for any extra wear and tear you incur.

You may use the car any way you wish during the premier purchase, because the intent is not to turn the car back into the finanace company. Miles driven, etc. It is your responsibility in every sense if you wish to be rid of the car at the end of the term. Depreciation, wear and tear, and final arrnagements for the balloon are your responsibility. You will have lower insurance rates with premier.

If you plan to keep the car a long time, premier can make sense because it ties up minimal capital ( like a lease ), but gives you the freedom of eventual ownership ( you can modify at will ). If a shorter term ( 39mo or less ) is all the time you plan to have the car for, lease to minimize your exposure to the risk of resale variables. Obviously, if you plan to modify the car extensively, this will not work unless you plan to sell/trade the car before lease term is up.

This is all I know about the subject. Please check more extensively elsewhere.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Not available in Ca. I believe it is a purchase with a balloon payment at the end of term. The

The intent here in Texas was to avoid the property tax that's on a lease. At the end of the 39 mos. you turn it in and walk away-just like a lease. Everything that applies to the lease at the end apllies to the Premier plan, i.e. wear & tear, mileage, etc. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:17 PM

Default April, in Texas at least, it's virtually identical to a lease. There is a balloon payment at the

end of the term, but if I choose not to keep the car, the finance company is contractually obligated to buy my car back at the end of the term for a price equal to the balloon payment (assuming no problems with excessive wear and tear, damage, etc.).