A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

That question we all had concerning recall JE? I have the answer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sorry to hear that i have mine replaced at 58xxx

that's when i get my car then i went to my dealer because of service inspection at 60k . I asked them but they did only oil change and discoverd broken ignition switch ($259) I said hell no way i order mine for $30 brand new. Then when i was at 65k i read here about this recall so i talk to my dealer and he give me AoA number so i call.
Me: I'm calling about JE recall my local dealer inform me, i have mine replace because of horrible noice.
AoA:Yes, no problem send us invoice and how many miles is on the car ?
Me : about 65k
AoA : well in this case prove of 60k service
Me: I don't have it and i don't think i need one the repair was done right after i get the car at 58k
AoA : ok, well prove of 30k service
Me : i hope your just joking right now
AoA : can i get a VIN
Me : WAUBA............
AoA : let me check the computer , .....yes its done so send invoice and we will give you a notice
Me : have a nice day
Then in the mail there he was check on $413 )
So i was lucky one i guess!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL

I called Clair and spoke to the Service Consultant, Tony. Tony, btw, seems like a great guy. Anyway, I let Tony know that AoA declined coverage of the repair and asked for the Zone Rep's name and number. I get the feeling that the Service Consultants aren't supposed to give out that information!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The sticking point for me seems to be that I had the inspection performed already

If I drove in today for a creaking control arm and the JE inspection had not been performed, they'd probably cover it. Of course, they'd try to stick it to me on the paperwork thing even if I performed my own maintenance.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

its up to you , you can still fight for your money
Old 03-31-2005, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Sorry (Mod friendly dealer) I still get them replaced for free, on AA warranty no less ;)

<b>and</b> I have aftermarket suspension. Its all about who you deal with. I dont deal with dealerships who dont work with the customer and act like robot's of AoA, which is why I drive 25 miles out of my way when there is a dealer 3 miles from me.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Call Higher!......Service Mgr / Sales Mgr / Dealer Mgr or the regional Audi Zone Office

You'll get 6 "NO's" before a "YES"
Old 03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's an uphill battle at this point, no?

The dealer says no. AoA says no. Unless the zone rep is a family member of mine, what's the motivation to pick up the tab on this one?
Old 03-31-2005, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What?....did you say it's over??........It aint over....(more inside from Animal House).......

Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the going gets tough . . . the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's Go! Come on!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its all about MONEY and certain points dealer or AoA taking they points nothing else

If i will replace mine at 60,001 i will have empty pocket too but if its done at 59,999 your ok . He go thru point by point thats all in my case but in your case you might wait and when they go bad come back and say this :
Audi : your control arms are bad , they need to be replaced
You : Ok , there is a recall do it and cover it
Audi : but you already have a issue about noise
You : yes, thats correct but thats just a noise right, if they would be bad you will replaced them when i was here at the inspection . You wouldn't let me drive my car after inspection with defective part , what if something happend ???
what can i say more ....... good luck ;o)
Old 03-31-2005, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol :o)

germans and pearl harbor

Quick Reply: That question we all had concerning recall JE? I have the answer.