A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
This was my whole point, save 500 dollars and whatever the ticket price is and dont speed. win win
We're on the same wavelength brother! win win win
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Huskerbob
We're on the same wavelength brother! win win win
the hat trick win!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

regardless if you feel it is too low, on a remote road it should be easy to spot a change in speed if you are paying attention to the signage.
Artificially lowered speed limits have no purpose other than to generate revenue.

Residential neighborhoods/suburbs are 25mph unless otherwise posted, this was taken from the arizona MVD driving manual.
We don't all live in Arizona, do we?

In any case, I live in Ontario, radar deterctors are illegal, and I don't own one.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=GTA_Driver: In any case, I live in Ontario, radar deterctors are illegal, and I don't own one.[/QUOTE]

I thought your cops still ride horses, so you can out run them yes. LOL!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GTA_Driver
Artificially lowered speed limits have no purpose other than to generate revenue.

agreed, but its a posted speed limit, you dont have to agree with it, you just have to follow it. same thing goes with other laws as well
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jcman
I thought your cops still ride horses, so you can out run them yes. LOL!
You can't if you follow the speed limit :/
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

agreed, but its a posted speed limit, you dont have to agree with it, you just have to follow it. same thing goes with other laws as well
That's the thing, following laws is optional. May not always be advantageous though, but there's definitely a choice.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't if you follow the speed limit :/
Correct, just kidding as I'm sure they drive modern cars with digital radio's too.

I always will have a soft spot for Canada, I have a few friends in Windsor still from the former Detriot days.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's the thing, following laws is optional. May not always be advantageous though, but there's definitely a choice.
wrong. optional means that there is no consequence if you dont follow them. there are ALWAYS consequences for breaking the law. just because you get away with it once doesn't mean it is consequence free. you are predicating your argument on the basis that actions in void of consequences make the underlying law optional, when in fact that is incorrect. part of being in a law abiding society is that you follow the laws BECAUSE there are consequences. if laws were truely optional to follow no one would and there would be anarchy, which in and of itself could be considered a consequence.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

wrong. optional means that there is no consequence if you dont follow them. there are ALWAYS consequences for breaking the law. just because you get away with it once doesn't mean it is consequence free. you are predicating your argument on the basis that actions in void of consequences make the underlying law optional, when in fact that is incorrect. part of being in a law abiding society is that you follow the laws BECAUSE there are consequences. if laws were truely optional to follow no one would and there would be anarchy, which in and of itself could be considered a consequence.
+1

Quick Reply: Radar Detector