A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Received rude treatment from Sales Manager, Sunset Imports....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 03:36 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, being a new salesperson may be this could be a training lesson!?! How to

alieninate a potential sale? You sound like you have common sense and some decent work ethics. Two words 'Keep Them'!
Old 08-20-2003, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If its an undriven car, it'd be too much. Since the trade in val could have been $42k....

as per galves and kbb, Sunset might be into the car for somewhere between 40 and 44k. If I could have gotten the deal at 1-1.5k over their cost, I'd be on the phone with DAS, Dependable Auto Shippers.

But negotiations got iced before getting anywhere.

But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I will call Ken up tomorrow and inquire. Thanx for the number, I really appreciate the heads up.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well, he wanted to feel in control and he probably didnt think you were real.

Play his game if he wants and call him on his attitude.

Just say "listen, I know you need to make a profit but I am trying to make this car fit in my budget. I'm not asking you to lose money so please help me out on this so we can do business together, ok?"

Make him feel like a hero and you can probably buy the car for your # or real close to it. Make it a win/win situation.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thanks for the advice, and yeah, I'm gonna take that route with him....

he seems like a 'Director' type of personality, so we'll let him lead his process and see where it takes the numbers.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:19 PM

Default If you want to be matter of fact about

That's just fine, but give only relavent, and pleasant information:

I think I should be able to sell this car for X dollars based on what I've sold others for, but if you want to check back in a fwe weeks perhaps I'll have rethought my bottom line. We'd love to see you in the car, it's a gorgeous color, if you'd like to come drive it, maybe it would be worth your time to come and drive it.

No? okay, we'll give you a call if we have any further thoughts on the price.

Or something like that. Not'I'm not in the business of blah blah blah': patronizing, stupid and obvious all in the same breath. And a waste of everyone's time, present and future - cause you won't be back. Not a chance.

Good luck finding another, though! (great color)
Old 08-20-2003, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

don't let him pull that on ya... plus (no offense, but) the S6 isn't THAT rare.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is what I experienced at the local VW dealer.

We were ready to buy, and the guy just blew us off. There were a lot of people there and I don't think he was paying attention to my girlfriend and I because we were young. Who knows though, maybe he was just an idiot. In any event I drove out real slow so he could see my car. Not because I'm a jackass (well maybe) but because he wasn't taking us seriously. Is it really that hard to pay some respect?

-st
Old 08-20-2003, 07:33 PM

Hope it works for you! Let us know...
Old 08-20-2003, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I guess it is hard to pay some respect, more so then one would think.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:16 PM

Default I'll say what I damn well please about arrogant Audi/VW sales reps

These people need to get serious about their customers, and maybe THEN they would sell more of these cars. As it stands, I have not met ONE SINGLE salesperson at these dealerships who knows common courtesy. They are always rude and abusive, thinking they are better than everyone and you should buy their car at full price or not at all, and that is in part what give Audi its lacking customer base and rep. I've actually sat and watched these people at work at the dealerships in my area because I wanted to know how they treat everyday customers, and it was a sad sight to see many people turned away by the un courteous sales staff.

Quick Reply: Received rude treatment from Sales Manager, Sunset Imports....