A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

RS6 Replica wheel from Achtuning...any comments!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sorry, didn't mean to start the controversial....

RS6 replicas from Achtuning-good quality-no vibration-18x8.5-great service
Old 11-03-2003, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have to agree with most of what you said.......

What's the big deal with the replica wheels? It's no secret that you have painstakingly searched for oem RS6 wheels so that you would not have to pay full price. So don't make it seem like those who want to save some $$$ by buying replica wheels are cheapscapes. When it comes down to it, no one will know how much you or I spent on their wheels as they are rolling down the street. If it makes you feel better to spend more so be it, but don't bash those that want to save money. OEM wheels do not make you superior to those with replica's. After all you went to a lot of trouble to save some $$$ yourself.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

actualy - mine are not really replica's
Old 11-03-2003, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Quartz steps, automatic sweeps. But fakes often use the very same mechanism as real....

... just that the real ones are tuned thoroughly (which takes quite a lot of time and expertize), use better materials and manufacturing methods, have finer details and better alignments, often replace and improve sections of the "caliber" (mechanism), and of course are the owners of the intellectual property -- the design.

Here's a twist: due to a glut of fake name-brand watches, some <a href="http://htexplained.com/watches/WhichWatch/GuideChoosingBuyingWatch.html">Guide to Choosing and Buying a Wristwatch</a>
<a href="http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=-h-cnXqOHsB01aijXTWcqw%40comcast.com">fake name-brand watches actuallly gain value when sold on legit market with unknown brand name</a>

<a href="http://htexplained.com/watches/WhichWatch/GuideChoosingBuyingWatch.html">Guide to Choosing and Buying a Wristwatch</a>
Old 11-03-2003, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I think you need to pay attention.

The RS 6 wheels are new, I don't buy used Brad, pay attention now. I know how to change a wheel, please. I wanted to know the torque specs and what the best brand torque wrench was. Since you *follow my threads you might have read the dozens I posted about changing my old RS4 wheels? You remember now don't ya? You can always do a search. You don't know my style Brad, lets be serious. Ach can't deal with customers as it is, they'd be lucky to get my business at this point let alone anyones with the type of *sales they *advertise, like secret group buys, but I bet you *followed that thread as well right Brad? Ben at Achtuning made the suggestion to send a wheel to compare and I like doing comparisons, since I too run a small business in specailized parts for my customers, I can respect opinions and my customers. I'll stick to eBay as well, but thats not where I found my deal just so you know and when it applies I generally recommend Achtunings offerings before the Wheel Exchange, or even eBay but Brad, you must pay better *attention, or do a search and you will see how many times I have recommended them for AW members. What I personally do not like are replica's, you seem to be unable to unable distinguish but rather then bore you, since you used another handle and were to much of a wuss to post under your real ID, I tell ya what, don't read my posts and contribute some of your own. Then I'll make personal attacks on you after I half read your posts. When you take yer foot outa yer mouth, kick yourself in the **** on outa here.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I think you misunderstood

I didnt buy OEM this way because I was cheap. I dont think OEM is worth the retail asking price on the 18" version. Like I said in the post to "Brad" I generally always recommend them for someone who is shopping for a Replica and always say Achtuning has the best I know of. I (as you well know by now) do not like knock off anything. I also do not trust the wheel personally because I offer composite equipment with a Lifetime Warranty and know the manufacturer, a business with over 25 years experience. I can not say the same for a replica. Dont know who made it, when, warranty? metal, different weights, the list goes on. Thats MY opinion and when someone here asks for AN OPINION, I give them MINE. No ones forcing you onto my views or my threads. I have more then enough reasons to support OEM and back my sentiments. My reasons for this particular wheel is mainly the offset. If I still had a 2.8 and could not source them OEM, I too would consider Actuning before the others, even still.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default You did'nt, no worries.

If you can find OEM great. If not theres a slight weight difference and finish difference in replicas and there are several different replicas on the market, all different from eachother, slightly. Just giving you opinion you asked for. Feel free to email me anytime with questions as well. Good luck with it.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:29 AM

Default Well, not the very same mechanism......

...since Rolex makes all of it's own parts and pieces in a movement as opposed to using an ebauche. To call them the same would be like saying an Audi 2.7T V6 engine and a Hyundai Sonata V6 are the same based on the fact that they both move the car. There are hundreds of different watch movements out there, and Rolex is one of a limited batch that can still be called "in-house" in the sense that they make and design their own instead of buying the basic movements from the Swatch conglomerate (the main Swiss movement supplier) and re-working them.
The automatic movements that might be found in a fake rolex would probably include a Miyota (Japanese movement) or perhaps an ETA 2892 (Swiss made, but very common....used in Automatic Swatch watches for less than $100).

Probably being a little nit-picky here, but I follow watches like most people here follow their Audis.

Regards,
Chris

PS- thanks so much for creating the links site...I use it often as a new Audi owner.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Credibility creeping into the negative numbers....
Old 11-04-2003, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm not sure what fake or genuine Rolexes have to do with wheels, but having owned...

genuine Rolexes for a long time, I can attest to the fact that they are not accurate timepieces. I recently switched to a Hublot, which is more exclusive, less costly, more accurate and far more attractive. BTW, the service cost of owning a Rolex every couple of years is around $400.
I would not hesitate to purchase from Achtuning, despite the comments of some here, as my inquiries of them have been satisfactorily answered and I assume that their responsiviness is indicative of the way that they would treat their customers.

Quick Reply: RS6 Replica wheel from Achtuning...any comments!