A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Second Friday Poll: How much crap do you keep in your car, and where do you stow it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM
GPZ
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Friday Poll: How much crap do you keep in your car, and where do you stow it?

For example: I stow my iPod and Garmin in the center arm console when I park.

The tray below that has my cigarette lighter power outlet with cell phone charger plugged in, and cell phone when I'm on the road.

The front pocket on the driver's door fits my wallet in it perfectly.

The large pocket on the driver's door has a couple of books on tape cassettes, a small flashlight, and a tire gauge.

Glovebox has another book on tape I've been meaning to get to, a packet of tissue, some spare bulbs and fuses and batteries, and a Leatherman. (I also always carry a spyderco pocket knife.)

Passenger door pocket has a tube of hand lotion (wife's), some paper towels, some energy bars and a couple of small trash bags.

In the back of the passenger seat map pocket I have a couple bottles of water.

In the trunk storage compartments I have stowed some CD's in a case, some Griot's Garage speed shine and a microfiber cloth (for bird droppings), a set of jumper cables, a pair of gloves, a ball of parachute cord, some duct tape, some waterproof matches, another flashlight, some more energy bars, and an emergency space blanket.

In the trunk I have a large umbrella, another emergency blanket that doubles as a picnic blanket, a gallon of drinking water, and a set of tire chains (Not that I would ever need to put them on, but you never know when you'll run into an **** super trooper that won't listen about the virtues of AWD when the 'chains required' signs are lit up going over the pass.)

In my other vehicles I've always kept 'go bags' with all this crap in it. In my SUV I have even more survival gear, including maps and lensatic compass. This is the first car I've owned that I was able to stow most of it with no problem. Call me paranoid, but I've been stranded in a blizzard in the winter before.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:07 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default As little as possible....but some of the same stuff....

I keep very little in the car...I hate noise, so I try to put everything I can into the trunk Rubbermaid container...

Center Arm Console: Coin Holder, pen, paper, napkins, Bluetooth headset

The tray below that has my cigarette lighter power outlet ...nothing else

The front pocket on the driver's door: Nothing

The large pocket on the driver's: PhatNoise instructions, MagLight, Sun Glasses

Glovebox: Believe it or not, completely empty

Passenger door pocket: completely empty

In the back of the passenger seat map pocket: Nothing

Back seat ash trays: filled with crayons from the rug rats

In the trunk storage compartments: Griot's Garage speed shine and a microfiber cloth (for bird droppings), a pair of gloves, plastic bags

In the trunk I have a large umbrella, and a Rubbermaid container that is velcro'd to the trunk mat so it doesn't slide around. In the Rubbermaid container, I have a dog seat cover for the driver's seat (so I don't get the leather messed up when I'm all sweaty from hockey or all wet from the boat), my Garmin, my Passport, bath towel, some tools.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/658320.phtml">Umbrella Installation...</a></li></ul>
Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Please include your address too...
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 5 things...

1) phone charger - armrest
2) tire gauge - armrest
3) umbrella - spare tire cavity
4) CDs - trunk cubby
5) flashlight - other trunk cubby

My glovebox has only the owners manual and service records, but also holds my V1 while parked.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Depends what can and where I go with it. All have detailed backroad maps found at

hunting stores, in case I need to leave town, along with water and first aid kit. Usually a gallon of water and snacks like nuts and maybe an MRE too. Hand lotion, CDs, and cloth for crap of course.

Cell phone charger, sometimes iPod, sometimes radar detector.

On a road trip..... you don't want to know, since I often camp;-)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Guru

Received 110 Likes on 100 Posts
Default "in case I need to leave town" Somethin' we don't know? Have I seen your picture at the post office?

LOL
Old 01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Guru

Received 110 Likes on 100 Posts
Default My problem (sickness) is multiple cars - everything is always in the wrong car.

Umbrella
Sun glasses
EZ Pass
Work badge

Some cool weather gear in the trunk of the miata.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! No! Earthquake country. Major roads will be useless.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default You could simplify....it is a sickness...and I'm not sure that you only have 6...it's a cover...

I bet you'll be back at 7 by noon tomorrow..
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Fear the Miata!

as little as possible

Quick Reply: Second Friday Poll: How much crap do you keep in your car, and where do you stow it?