A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Seeking Opinions On Zumbach/NYC

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Opinions On Zumbach/NYC

I'd appreciate hearing your experiences with Zumbach in NYC, in terms of price and service. Thanks
Old 01-21-2001, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Seeking Opinions On Zumbach/NYC

I'm not sure about buying a car from there but I get my car serviced there all the time.. The service experience is not bad at all.. They fix your car in a timely fashion, and do everything which is required by the book.. Kevin the service manager is a decent fellow..

I am very dissatisfied however about pick up and delivery from service appointments.. They leave your car at a garage 2 streets down, and the valet parkers treat the cars with little respect and are very rude.. That's my only real gripe..
Old 01-22-2001, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I wish Search was working....

A few months ago, someone posted a great piece about their trials and tribulations with Zumbach. Although I don't recall the details, the poster urged us to steer clear of Zumbach.
Old 01-22-2001, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default HORRIBLE experience I had with Zumbach--->

I wish the search was working, so you could find it, I could never re-type all the problems that I had with them. I will see If I still have a copy of the letter I wrote to AOA about them.
Here's a brief rundown:
Upon delivery, I immediately noticed that there were swirl marks in abundance all over the car. When I asked my salesman about this, he assured me that the car had been prepped properly, and that at my first servicing they would buff the car out for me, free of charge.
They were completly inept at procuring my out of state license plates (even though they swore they could handle it with ease, and even lied about having registered in my state before)
When I returned my car (2 days after picking it up) for the brake rotor problems, it took them another 4 days to fix the car. At which time I had to take a rental, and had to pay for it. When I rose a ruckus over this (why should I have to pay anything for a rental vehicle when my brand-new car was delivered with a defect) I had to go to the dealer owner-operator, walk into his office and literally sit on his desk to get a refund ($150)

Best part of dealing with Zumbach.
1. I will NEVER, EVER take my car to them again (BTW, even for regular servicing, they tend to keep your car overnight)
2. I paid approx. $1100 less for my car (which was very hard to find) than the next closest quote from a dealer. Very interesting, as I practically bought my car over the phone.
Old 01-22-2001, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default BTW--->

it took 2 months to get my license plates. Since the dealer knew nothing about how to handle it (they let an outside license securing agency handle it) I took it into my own hands after the first 10 days had passed. I had to fight with Zumbach, make several trips to them to get the necessary paperwork from them (they had never given the outside agency the proper MSO(statement of origin) that they needed to title the vehicle. Since the registration was in S.Carolina, I had to call my local courthouse, make a friend there, sweet-talk the SC DMV to process it for me, then buy everyone gifts after it was all over. In the meantime, I got 2 tickets for an expired registration, which I had to pay. Reason: to fight those tix in NY, you must mail in the ticket with proof of registration within the 15 day window. It took me well over 1 month to get my plates, so i had to pay. I bit the bullet on that one.
Also, all that needed to be done was for Zumbach to give me the MSO, along with a notarized letter and I could've taken this to the SC DOT and handled it myself. I asked this several times. Zumbach's answer: It's not our policy, we have to establish the lien ourselves.
Here's another problem I have with them. Since I only financed approx 30% of the cost of the car, Audi financial services had no problems with giving me the paperwork, the dealer on the other hand wouldn't.
Old 01-22-2001, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same experience here, sounds typical of Audi...

Mohegan Lake Audi screwed up the registration process too.. Zumbach is Lexus like service compared to these jokers... Apparently the sales manager sent in the registration ONE MONTH later only after a few phone calls I made to complain. No use bringing it up with the sales manager, The salesperson WAS the sales manager. Car was delivered with rusted rotors. Only 50% braking power, almost rear ended a Subaru who unexpectedly cut me off in the left lane.. During first service, dealer denied any problem, promised to contact me about the headlamp washer cap.. Lied, never called.. They even tried to swindle me out of a loaner car when I arrived for service during the first appointment after I reserved ONE MONTH in advance to secure one.. The dealer is 30 miles away from me..

Do they wash cars after service?? Are you kidding me? They held the car for 2-days and all they ended up doing is an oil change. In the biggest snow storm of the year, they left my car parked outside overnight, for me to drive home covered under 3 feet of snow.. NICE GUYS HUH?? JERKS !!!
Old 01-22-2001, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I shopped Mohegan Lake for my car too . . .

Sales staff acted like it was a bother to take me and my wife out on a test drive and let us drive the car all of 1 mile each. Then to make matters worse, this fool actually thought I was going to order a car from him. I can only imagine how bad their service department is.
Old 01-22-2001, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Probably shouldn't paint all Audi dealers with the same brush...

...Not all dealers are the same. I've had nothing but solid service experiences with Storms Motors (Southhampton, NY). They're a first-rate operation, very well versed in customer satisfaction. No fluke either, they've been that way for the 8 years I've dealt with them.
Old 01-22-2001, 06:35 PM

Default use www.google.com ................

use site:audiworld before your search text.

BTW: Zumbach sucks - I bought my 2.7T from them. Will NEVER do any business with them again. Steer well clear.
Old 01-22-2001, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't let them wash your car. They put surface scratches all over mine. It needed to be detailed.

They scratched a rim, left the inside dirty, took many days, etc. They suck. Any other dealer has to be better. I also will never go back to them.

Quick Reply: Seeking Opinions On Zumbach/NYC