A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Selling my 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the price is more then right, i just hope he gets it.... too many kids bought this car recently (in past 3 years) KILLED the cars value with the crap they do, and screw over real owners/enthusiasts
Old 12-15-2012, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 04 a6 for 10k even. I thought, at the time, I was paying probably about 1-1.5k too much, but the car was exactly what I was looking for and even though I had the cash to buy it outright, the dealer I bought it from was willing to get me a loan when no one else wanted to touch it. It seemed that no one wants to give a loan on a "lower priced" car because the interest isn't there.

Mine has the dark blue color, extremely clean, leather perfect, one or two very small dings (which I will get paintless dent removal to take care of) and only has 70k miles (had 68k when I bought it). I did all the maintenance (everything I could think of - timing belt, tranny service, pullies, serpentine belt, oil, filters, valve covers, cam seals, etc.). I had a nefmoto member put a stage 1+ to 2 tune on it and the thing is absolutely awesome. I really love this car.

What else can you purchase that has 350 hp, 26+ mpg highway, all wheel drive, and all the refined options the a6 has to offer for 10k?

I hope to get another 75k out of this car before I have to deal with the tranny or the turbos, but if it happens before then, I still feel like it's a hell of a deal for that price.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i call bull **** on the 26+ mpg unless your driving all highway with the rear seats removed.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
i call bull **** on the 26+ mpg unless your driving all highway with the rear seats removed.
I didn't do a calc the old fashioned way...maybe the computer is lying. On my last trip, all highway at 65, it reported 26mpg. Fist time I've taken it on the highway anywhere for more than a 15 minute ride. Should I not be getting that?
Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by willseph
No, bought the car from a family friend.
OK. Sounded just like another car being sold on this board except with slightly less miles. Brad's car had 92K miles I think. I was seriously considering his car since it had the Tbelt done already, as well as some other mods (divertors, ecu tune, sport seats, premium package, etc). Only problem was distance from me.

I picked up my 2004 S-Line from a relatively local seller for $11,250. Had only 54.8K miles, pretty clean, but did need some work. Overall, spent about $2K on tires, alignment, PPI/55K mile service, new front axles which had ripped boots, new trunk button, replaced ECT sensor and now need to find out why folding mirrors no longer work. Add the taxes, registration, inspection and that raises it another grand. Not to mention that I will need to get Tbelt done in the next 5K miles.

So it all adds up pretty fast. Still happy to go with low mileage car. Motor is super clean (not detailed) just untouched. IMO, I think OP's price is more than fair, given mileage and options/mods.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2.7Lturbo
Poster's screen name is "slowguy" after all. My local stop and go 10 mile commute to work yields a pretty poor 19-21 mpg. That was with playing with tip and sport modes for a little bit to see how responsive those modes are.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

I get 22-24 on highway with 2K4.2@a6 so 26 with a 2.7 6speed doesn't seem BS. Depends on tires, inflation, driving speed, etc. my 4.2 around town only 17.

Just borrowing a new 3.0T 2013 A6..only 14.1 around town! But only 78 mi. on the car. Quick, tho.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
I get 22-24 on highway with 2K4.2@a6 so 26 with a 2.7 6speed doesn't seem BS. Depends on tires, inflation, driving speed, etc. my 4.2 around town only 17.

Just borrowing a new 3.0T 2013 A6..only 14.1 around town! But only 78 mi. on the car. Quick, tho.
sloop, i have the 6spd and even on a stock motor driving like a grandma i cant get more then 24.5, im very skepitcal of 26mpg on a car pushing 350 hp....

also the new 3.0Ts get horrible mileage because they are so much fun to drive the **** out of !
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

This computer-reported mpg was with the easiest driving I could manage. The 350hp is just a guess, but after the tune this car seems very quick compared to stock. The 350hp is only when you are really getting on it...doesn't really matter the hp with stock everything when you are just cruising lightly down the highway. Next trip I take, I will snap a photo of the readout for you. The only other thing I can do is actually calculate the mpg manually. Why would I care to BS, anyone? I really don't care...just thought I would respond to the OP. Just simply stating what the car is telling me.

*edit*...I was told by the custom tuner that I was probably around 350 although would need to dyno to know for sure. What I can tell you, however, that this tune would spank the crap out of the APR stage 1 tune I was supposed to have 4 months ago. I got to put about 20 minutes on that tune before it broke and it was a supposed 318. APR stage one is supposed to run just under 1 bar at peak boost, the tune I have hits 1.3 at peak.

Last edited by slowguy; 12-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

im not saying your outright lying, what im saying is that when you run into boos the fuel maps are redone. you WILL be burning more fuel unless you are never going over the stock boost levels. but its imposible because at the same RPMs your boost curves will be more agressive.

more boost = more fuel, unless you are running lean. Id be interested to see what the nefmoto guys did. not saying that dumping fuel is what all tuners do, but without having your car there to dyno and test, they would err on the side of cation and run you rich rather then lean.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2004 A6 2.7T S-Line