A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

service

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-1999, 08:12 AM
april

Default service

If you can't get your service issues adjusted, find who is your regional service manager. Bypass the local dealer. Often, the service writer is the bad apple. Talk directly to the ( Audi master tech ? ) mechanic. The mechanic will know who for you to contact.

Good luck
April
PS Be glad you don't have a BMW 3 or 5 series with manual trans. Also, the intake on a 540 is so low, that you can hydrolock the engine when driving through deep puddles. oops
Old 11-20-1999, 10:58 AM
Lennon

Default Re: service? Ha!

The service and reliabilty from Audi and AOA almost makes you want a Saturn. It's too bad that Audi pushes that way rather than helping out every customer who needs it. Their (almost) great cars deserves a better company behind it!!
Old 11-20-1999, 11:19 AM
Bart Lane

Just to say that my recent problem with a new Audi was handled great by my dealer. I am more pleased with the service I got than the car I purchased.
Old 11-20-1999, 11:24 AM
Knedall-

Default Re: Excuse me??? Be glad you don't own a 3 or 5-series with manual??

Excuse me Miss,, but I've driven several different European makes Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc., with both auto and manual transmission, and I have to say that BMW makes one of the best and one of the most reliable transmissions I've ever seen... I'm still trying to figure out this adaptive transmission on our A6 Avant.. Freakin' cruises at the wrong gear too often, and the downshifts can be rough and abruptive.. Being a long time BMW owner also, please refrain from bashing Mercedes and BMW's... I frequent the BMW chat sites quite often for some time now, and I rarely hear about transmissions melting down.. However, after cruising A4.org for only a few months (we got our Audi in Oct.) I've heard numerous stories of transmissions failing, and big time costs to replace them.. I'm even starting to hear mechanical horror stories from my independent mechanic who fixes Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, ever since I've started to take a more keen interests in Audis.. Please keep your negative opinions to yourself,, bashing other makes, doesn't make an Audi a better car...
Old 11-21-1999, 09:48 AM
Lennon

Yes, I've gotten great dealer service too (San Francisco) but AOA is a differnt story.