A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Shockingly good news :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2000, 08:21 PM
MA6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockingly good news :)

I'm in (Northwest) Florida for business but called my office to check my voicemail. Had a message from my dealer: One week after going into production, my A6 is built (VIN and all)! It looks like I might be getting a June delivery, depends on when it gets on the ship.

Hopefully it'll be on its way next week.

P.S. Frank, you should be able to rest easy knowing I won't be hitting you up for a test drive.
Old 06-01-2000, 06:27 AM

That's great news (on both counts :-) !
Old 06-01-2000, 10:26 AM

Default My car was complete 5/11 still waiting...

My dealer says it is still not at port! Is Audi holding all the 2001s at the plant for a uniform release date? I hope and pray not! My dealer didn't think so but AoA said they have a release date of early July for the 2001 A6s. April do you have any 2001 A6s that have reached port status yet??

One good thing to note, my dealer told me my car was produced with ESP. Early 2001 models should be fine.

Nancy -- going crazy waiting for 2001 2.7t Ming Blue / Melange
Old 06-01-2000, 05:23 PM

We all feel your pain. Shouldn't be much longer though.
Old 06-01-2000, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't hold your breath!

Here's the chronology for my car (2000 A6 2.8Q):

April 1st: Completed car left assembly line

April 7th: Dealer notified me of completion, provided me with VIN

April 28th: Car loaded on board ship (though I didn't know that until later). Read on...

May 5th: I got fed up waiting for word that car had been shipped; had been built for over a month and still not on the water! Through some "detective work" was able to get in phone contact with head of logistics at VW America; he very quickly learned that my car had "just missed" an April 8th sailing. He said that it was on a ship and due in San Diego May 21st. He also said that he'd personally do what he could to expedite getting it to the dealer once it hit the states.

May 8th: Ship left Europe

May 22nd: Ship arrived San Diego, one day after expected.

May 23rd: Car was processed and turned over to trucking company for delivery to dealer. (Head of logistics for VW America came through big time, and I was VERY impressed).

May 26th: Car arrived at dealer, exactly as ordered and in perfect condition.

June 3rd: I hope to pick up car, 64 days after production! (It's a carOrder.com deal, which accounts for a few days extra wait at the very end of the process.)

Had it not been for the OUTSTANDING help from Mr. Logistics at VW America, my wait time would likely be 2 weeks longer.

I can only hope that your wait time after production is shorter!

- Mike
Old 06-02-2000, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Don't hold your breath!

Thanks so much for your input. Did your dealer get in touch with the head of logistics for VW America or did you? I'm going to give it 2 weeks or so until I get concerned as mine was complete May 11th.

I tried calling AoA Clent relations and got nowhere. I was told this was a dealer matter. I asked them if they could possibly tell me of any updated status that the dealer didn't have yet and asked if this info was accessible on their computers since I have my vehicle ID #. They basically told me they couldn't help. Only the dealer would have this info. Is this correct?

Hopefully I will hear my car is boarded and on it's way soon.

Nancy
waiting for 2001 2.7t built May 11th and still in on the ground ( as far as I know)
Old 06-04-2000, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default To : Nancy1

After nearly a month of being told by my dealer that my car "is built and hasn't yet left Germany, but should be shipped any day now", I got quite frustrated. Not only were things not moving, but my dealer didn't attempt to find out what the problem was. As near as I could tell, the dealer went only so far as to look at the weekly status reports that they receive. Week after week, it showed my car as being in "F" status (built but not yet shipped). The questions I wanted answered were, "What's the delay?" and, "When will it be shipped?"

I called Client Relations and got the same response you did. After telling several people that the dealer was NOT able to supply answers, I finally spoke with a very nice lady named Hilary who agreed to TRY to help me, though she very specifically pointed out that tracking of specific vehicles is outside of what she and her department normally do. She took my VIN and reference code (provided by the dealer) and agreed to call me back within a few days.

Meanwhile, STRICTLY BY CHANCE, I stumbled across someone who works at the Los Angeles office of a shipping company. I asked him if his company ever shipped VWs or Audis from Europe to NA; he said they did. I told him my entire story and he gave me the name of VW-Audi of America's head of logistics. He had no information on the man other than his name (no phone, location, etc.), but I was able to track him down pretty easily. My source very specifically asked me to not name him, as he wasn't supposed to give out this kind of information.

Upon tracking the man down, I told him my situation and asked if he could help. I told him that I was only looking for information ("Where's my car?", "Why the delay?", and "When can I expect it?"); he agreed to look into it (which, he said, would likely include a call to Germany) and get back to me within a business day or two. Needless to say, I was happy with that initial outcome!

Well, within 10 minutes the man called me back. He checked his own sources and learned everything there was to know. He provided an arrival (at the port) date and even went so far as to say that he'd personally expedite the processing, in order to get my car to the dealer A.S.A.P. As I wrote in an earlier post, he made good on that offer; my car arrived at the dealer just 4 days after the ship landed.

I guess I've taken the long way to tell you that it was ME who kept the dealer informed on this one, not the other way around.

Meanwhile, the next day Hilary from Client Relations called me back with essentially the same information regarding the anticipated arrival date.

I've purposely refrained from naming the man who helped me, as I wouldn't want to cause him to be deluged with calls! If you feel that you should contact him, though, please contact me by e-mail and I'll be glad to try to help you get in touch with him. Hope that helps.

By the way, I picked up my car yesterday, and all I can say is, "WOW!!" It's absolutely FABULOUS, and mine's only a 2.8Q! You're in for a treat!

- Mike
Old 06-05-2000, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Reply to Nancy1 re: Delivery wait time

After nearly a month of being told by my dealer that my car "is built and hasn't yet left Germany, but should be shipped any day now", I got quite frustrated. Not only were things not moving, but my dealer didn't attempt to find out what the problem was. As near as I could tell, the dealer went only so far as to look at the weekly status reports that they receive. Week after week, it showed my car as being in "F" status (built but not yet shipped). The questions I wanted answered were, "What's the delay?" and, "When will it be shipped?"

I called Client Relations and got the same response you did. After telling several people that the dealer was NOT able to supply answers, I finally spoke with a very nice lady named Hilary who agreed to TRY to help me, though she very specifically pointed out that tracking of specific vehicles is outside of what she and her department normally do. She took my VIN and reference code (provided by the dealer) and agreed to call me back within a few days.

Meanwhile, STRICTLY BY CHANCE, I stumbled across someone who works at the Los Angeles office of a shipping company. I asked him if his company ever shipped VWs or Audis from Europe to NA; he said they did. I told him my entire story and he gave me the name of VW-Audi of America's head of logistics. He had no information on the man other than his name (no phone, location, etc.), but I was able to track him down pretty easily. My source very specifically asked me to not name him, as he wasn't supposed to give out this kind of information.

Upon tracking the man down, I told him my situation and asked if he could help. I told him that I was only looking for information ("Where's my car?", "Why the delay?", and "When can I expect it?"); he agreed to look into it (which, he said, would likely include a call to Germany) and get back to me within a business day or two. Needless to say, I was happy with that initial outcome!

Well, within 10 minutes the man called me back. He checked his own sources and learned everything there was to know. He provided an arrival (at the port) date and even went so far as to say that he'd personally expedite the processing, in order to get my car to the dealer A.S.A.P. As I wrote in an earlier post, he made good on that offer; my car arrived at the dealer just 4 days after the ship landed.

I guess I've taken the long way to tell you that it was ME who kept the dealer informed on this one, not the other way around.

Meanwhile, the next day Hilary from Client Relations called me back with essentially the same information regarding the anticipated arrival date.

I've purposely refrained from naming the man who helped me, as I wouldn't want to cause him to be deluged with calls! If you feel that you should contact him, though, please contact me by e-mail and I'll be glad to try to help you get in touch with him. Hope that helps.

By the way, I picked up my car yesterday, and all I can say is, "WOW!!" It's absolutely FABULOUS, and mine's only a 2.8Q! You're in for a treat!

- Mike