A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

So I am working with AoA on trading my car, and here is what a dealer said the trade value is:

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jan/Feb. Dealer gets tired of tying up their own money flooring used cars and customers scarce.
Old 10-28-2001, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought you had an attorney already. I take it the negotiations took a turn for the worse?
Old 10-28-2001, 04:30 AM

Any idea how much the mods you made to your car have affected the trade-in value?
Old 10-28-2001, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I do, it was just an off handed remark. Partly my fault, I should have done my homework
Old 10-28-2001, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default don't know. Other than wheels, all are easily reversable.

394 relay can go back in, as can the resonator and shift ****. Sub/amp can be uninstalled.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:40 AM

Default What's that you say Tex?? In reviewing 2.7tdallas' previous posts, we learned.....

that, despite the overwhelming consensus opinion of this Forum, "AoA was working closely with you and had been fair, and you were oh so sure that you'd get total satisfaction, because unlike the rest of us who shared our own experiences, YOU were the man!!" Have fun at CarMax. They're surely known for setting the mark on the German luxury market. (Not!!) Hey, there's one born every minute, but it couldn't have happened to a bigger A, Puffy! (What's that they say about the last one laughing?) Oh well, there's always "Motzart" if you need a little calming R&R!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Hey spanky. Do you even own an Audi? In any case

I am going there to see what their appraisal is.

I negotiate for a living, so this is no big deal. There is a process that needs to be followed, and this is part of the process.

We are not even out of the first quarter of this game. My attorney has not even written letter #1, I have not mailed the complaint to the Texas AG's office (but the paperwok is filled out), so I am still exhausting the simple stuff.

You can't expect AoA to just ante up, nor can you expect the dealer to take a loss on a car without getting anything from AoA.

The price they offered me on a 2001 4.2 sport package was more the $10k under sticker, but the dealer is trying to make up the money on the new car by low balling me on the trade. No big suprise. My contact at AoA is throwing in some money, but not enough.

So back I go to him.

As far a getting total satisfaction...That is not my goal, other than maybe having the oppotunity to stick my 13eee up yours.

By the way...George "Spanky" McFarland is from Dallas, and died in 1993.<ul><li><a href="http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8318">http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8318</a</li></ul>
Old 10-28-2001, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is total BS. The MAX they should take off is 2 to 3k off blue book. So...

...I would say anything less that 25 or 24.5 is BS.

-st
Old 10-28-2001, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I agree. They are trying to make up for heavily discounting the car by screwing with the trade value

No problem. I do not take this personally, business is business. When I go to court, no one is going to say I didn't make an effort to get the problem fixed
Old 10-28-2001, 11:02 AM

Default Hey, Spanky (or should I say no.radar???), CarMax was my suggestion, and it works. They basically

use Kelly Blue Book (at least, that's been true in my few experiences with them), and they don't have to be luxury German car experts to look info up on a car. The dealer black book numbers that I've been quoted are almost always well below KBB, and when confronted with KBB or Edmunds or some such other national or regional "value source," dealers discount the info---rightfully so---as not a real bid from an actual party willing to pay you their money right now. Getting a bid from CarMax, which they will put in writing, gives you leverage with the dealer.

Why do I bother? You're just a jerk 95% of the time.

Quick Reply: So I am working with AoA on trading my car, and here is what a dealer said the trade value is: