A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

So I'm picking up my new to me SLINE pics w/link inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm picking up my new to me SLINE pics w/link inside

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1151145796.html

what do you guys think?

Drives like a dream and I get a lot of goodies with it and it is in excellent condition; 2 car owner, Texas car only.

How does these cars hold up over time?
Ive never owned a Turbo car before...

Did I do Ok?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

It looks pretty good. I heard the 2.7t arent super reliable. But if maintained its very good. Make sure those service have been done on the car. Here in AZ, the heat cracks the hoses and with a turbo like alot of my 2.7t friends have problems but. Not often.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'd say you got a darn good deal. I have the same car. Much is available on this forum regarding turbo engine. If taken care of properly it should not be a problem. Many other documented maintenance issues besides turbos to be concerned about. consider an extended service warranty.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for your reassuring comment boostbuddy!

I was feeling sick to my stomach today trying to decide whether I should pull the trigger and jump on it or not!

After I picked it up went straight home (11,800 OTD) the drive was very uneventful, not really used to the power of the turbos, so before I get comfortable with the engine/car I would like to take it for a quick overall assessment at the dealership.

The car is a CPO (I know it's not transferable) but the previous owner said he would let me take the car in to Audi tomorrow to have it checked out and if needed replace/take care of possible issues.

The guy was super friendly and overall open and upfront about the car's description and care. I got an extra set of wheels and the contis are basically brand new. Also it has a full one year subscription to XM radio (which I cant seem to operate/browse the stations) operator error I'm sure.

After I got home and parked in the garage I went out to admire its beauty and the hood was SUPER HAWT (temperature wise) I mean super HOT! are the Turbos suppose to get this hot? the car's not overheating or anything. I have my other A6 a 2001 FWD 2.8 and the oil and temp gauge are the same in both cars so what gives??? anybody?

FWIW This is my first Turbo'ed Car; so take it easy on me now... =D

Your feedback/input to this tread is MUCH appreciated!

Cheers!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Silver, the FASTEST color!!! Congrats! Texas car could be good or bad, depending on whether or not it was impacted by the floods/hurricanes.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Another 2.7t owner....

I have a 02 2.7t and to be honest the car has been great for me. There have been a few things that I have had to change...the obvious things, timing belt, alternator, and some sensors...but engine wise this car is great. I do stay on top of the oil changes...I mean religiously. When I could afford it I was changing it about every month 1/2...yeah I know that's over kill but I really like this car and try to keep it in tip top shape. Oh and as everyone here will tell you...use a synthetic oil...PERIOD. Mobile 1 0/40 seems to be the oil of choice and I use that as well.

Really what I have found is that this car breaks down like any other car...I don't believe there is anything special about these car...with regards to maintenance. What you will find is that the cost to get things fixed is what hurts at times...its not cheap by any means. But...you will enjoy this car...I know I do.

By the way...I have 130K on mine...same turbos, clutch, exhaust and all. And it still runs like a champ.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

120K on mine, stock turbos, no issues. I have full maintenance history on it too.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 100k miles, original KO3's, runs great

Don't worry about the miles (if it's been maintained right), change oil, check for suspension issues, and warn-up and cool down the turbines.

You will like this car. They are nice cars to drive, but...keep up with the repairs.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Quick Question to the Sirius Sat radio users out there...

How in the heck do you browse through all the stations?

So far I know how to select the category, POP/ROCK/SPORTS/ PLAYBOY!!! =D

But once Im in that category how do you scan/browse through them other than clicking in the SCAN button? which scans all the stations within the Genre but at a 3-4 second interval.

Ive tried every single button so far and nothing... I cant figure it out. (Then again I've tried messing with it only while driving) so I guess I should go out to the garage tonight and sit in the car and play with the unit.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by LadroAudiA6
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1151145796.html

what do you guys think?

Drives like a dream and I get a lot of goodies with it and it is in excellent condition; 2 car owner, Texas car only.

How does these cars hold up over time?
Ive never owned a Turbo car before...

Did I do Ok?
tips

don't get into the power until the oil temp is up
change the oil every 5k with mobile 1 0-40

the turbos will be fine if you do that

Quick Reply: So I'm picking up my new to me SLINE pics w/link inside