A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Someone tell me something negative about Auto Warranty Brokers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Someone tell me something negative about Auto Warranty Brokers...

I'm about to go with AWB for their Premier Plus Extended: Yes its exclusionary, yes its actually GREAT AMERICAN INSURANCE, yes it covers the turbos and wear and tear items, with only a short list of excluded items. Yes they will pay the 99/hour rate my dealer charges, I can go anywhere I wish for repairs...

Yes the coverage appears BETTER than Audi's own new extended warranty.

Is there anything wrong with this picture?
2003 Allroad 18K on the clock only 1808.00 for a 4 year $100 deduct plan..(at this rate I'll have the 100K in 4)

Does any on have anything negative to say abou the plan offered by AWB?

Here is the link to the contract...<ul><li><a href="http://www.autowarrantybroker.com/popup_sample_contract_2002.html#PREMIERPLUS">AWB Contract</a></li></ul>
Old 02-26-2004, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay...they smell bad.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree
Old 02-26-2004, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I bit more please....

I've heard nothing but good to this point so elaborate if you will..
Old 02-26-2004, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Word on the street is that they smell bad...

just kidding!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya know.....

Just trying to protect the car...and my wallet.
2 turbos....and air level suspensions are not cheap..
Old 02-26-2004, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't blame you. That's why I parted with my 2.7t when the warranty was about up.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK . . .

Depends on whom you want to do your repair work and the dealer situation where you live. My wife's '01 A4 1.8T went out of warranty about 10 months ago, I think. She wanted warranty protection after that. We researched, and I think decided on Warranty Direct. She was going to get it, and I double-checked with our dealer. They won't accept it. They will only accept the extended warranty they sell, which is GE. I checked with 2 other dealers here in NW NJ, and they will only accept their own Audi Advantage warranty. Since my wife wished to continue having the dealer service her car, she purchased a minimal GE extended warranty through the dealer, which offers less coverage for more money than warranty direct.

I spoke with our Service Manger personally about this, and he said that they had had too much trouble with getting parts authorization from 3rd party insurers except for GE. So they decided they wouldn't do business with them. Since the extended policies are sold through the business manager, rather than the service organization, which tends to be a separate profit center, I tend to believe him.

So while I know nothing about Great American Insurance, you may wish to check with your dealer first, if you wish dealer service.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't forget, they MAKE money on warranties

I have heard many comments about not wanting to own a 2.7T (or whatever configuration) without extended warranty, yada, yada, yada, but ultimately, with an extended warranty, you are paying someone a profit for some peace of mind. You are basically gambling that your repair experience will be worse than average by enough $$$$ to exceed the profit that the warranty carrier makes for each sale. If you own Bentley, do your own work (or have a good independent mechanic or possibly GASP! a good dealer service department), belong to AudiWorld A6 forum, and don't sweat things that will probably not happen, you don't need an extended warranty. Of course this is a personal choice based on each person's hassle tolerance. I just would not agree with the concept that any Audi is not worth owning out of warranty or without an extended service warranty. And on the topic of reliability: Want reliability? buy a Camry.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Eric has a good point. Without a profit the warranty comnpanies would not be in business.

I'm sure one could get a fair measure of the problems of used cars from a comparison of the extended warrant cost.

Quick Reply: Someone tell me something negative about Auto Warranty Brokers...