A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

sunvisor sticker

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunvisor sticker

Can someone tell me how or direct me to a previous article on how to remove the airbag sticker from the sunvisor. I just got a S6 with the alcantara on the ceiling and sunvisors and I would like to get off the airbag warning if possible. Thanks for any help.

John Hearn
Old 08-07-2002, 02:01 PM

It's not very aggressive stick at all...I don't have the leather up but I pulled easily
Old 08-07-2002, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It may well be different with Alcantara, but

With the sunvisors on my '00 A6, the stickers pealed off quite easily. I just picked a corner with my finger nail and pulled. Very little force was required, and no residue was left behind. Audi may have changed the adhesive for the later cars, as I have heard that others have not been so lucky with their A6's. I must say that it sure is nice not having the big, distracting, bright red stickers in front of your face.

With other cars I have had, the stickers were not removable.

Steve
'00 A6 2.7tqms
'82 ur q 20Vt
Old 08-07-2002, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have not removed it from the S6 because of fears of making it worse...

it really seems extremely well adhered to the alcantara...unfortunately.

I, too, would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten it off the alcantara cleanly.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Seems like there are two types, even on the S6

Mine came off the silver alcantara of my 9/01 built S6 very easily. The baseboard of the sticker was quite rigid and it was easy to "test" a corner and see that they would come off clean. Indeed they did, with nothing more than a careful pull.

There was a discussion back about New Years time where one or two others said they came off easily as well but then someone else (maybe Finman) said they had a much more robust adhesion combined with a less substatial label. I've never actually looked at those stickers on another S6 so I can't speak for sure but I have some roof rack items to pick up at the dealer and will try to remember to take a look on their black display S6 (which has been there forever) at that time
Old 08-07-2002, 06:11 PM

Mine came off real easy without and glue left on visor. Just use your fingers and remove slowly.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Virtually impossible on the '02s with Alcantara. I've tried, I've asked, it's been discussed on...

the '02 A4 Forum and the Detailing Forum to no avail. Some weekend when I have nothing better to do (like that'll ever happen), I'm going to take the small stickers off, tiny bit by tiny bit, but I'll probably never touch the big ones (just the little ones will take hours).
Old 08-07-2002, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Came off my 02' alcantara easily, see below, some do, some don't
Old 08-07-2002, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know of what you speak, but whenever I hear of someone having difficulty with them...

I assume they don't have the sturdier variety.

My A6 had stickers that came off easily, almost like a plastic card with adhesive on the back.

But....
My S6 stickers look kind-of lineny in texture, and are almost impressed into the alcantara. They're like an iron-on transfer, but the sticker has no strength of it's own. You can pick off tiny milimeter-square papery bits (if you can get an edge up), but it won't hold together to pull anymore than that at once. If you can get it off, it doesn't appear to damage the alcantara, if your careful; but with continuous picking, I've only managed to remove about an 1/8th of an inch off one edge of one of the little stickers.
Old 08-07-2002, 08:40 PM

Default OMG, This is too funny, I tried that tonight and got just enough off where it looks like crap

I have a new weekend project...

Quick Reply: sunvisor sticker