A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Thanks for your support.......I'm BAAAAAACK!........

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for your support.......I'm BAAAAAACK!........

Thanks for all the kind words I've received over the past 24 hours, both on this board and by e-mail. The last impression that I wanted to leave with you guys is that I was a cry-baby sulking back "where I belong" on bimmer.org.

The main reason I "left" yesterday was not due to the odd shot at myself, my BMW's or even the offensive e-mails. I've dealt with plenty of that on bimmer.org in the past and, believe me, I'm up to the task. That isn't the problem.

The problem is that as an "BMW guest", I can't be myself so that I can retaliate to those who choose to take shots at my posts. It's like having a gun with no bullets- I can't defend myself properly. Out of respect for my good friend Darrell 4.2 who enjoys this board very much, I have to be on my best behavior for fear of embarrassing him and his association with me. That's why I so often joked that I was on "probation", in order to remind myself to be extra careful in what I posted so as not to offend anyone.

Some of you have asked for a copy of the offensive e-mail that I received yesterday. Fortunately, I had to delete the horrible thing from my work computer because my company is being taken over today by another company- This is the LAST thing I wanted residing on the company's server as I walked out the door. You wouldn't have wanted to read it anyway- just use your imagination and you'll probably be pretty close. There's weirdo's everywhere including bimmer.org, so I've forgotten about it already.

So, in deciding whether or not to continue posting to this board I've had to ask myself two questions: Why bother since I own BMW's and how can I feel more comfortable on Audi turf?

To answer the first question, I have to admit that this forum is, by far, one of the most entertaining forums on the internet for a car nut like me. You guys may drive Audi's but you still drive 4-door high performance German steel that just loves to blow away the competition, just like me. Your technical issues may be Audi specific most of the time, but you still use the same synthetic oil, tires, waxes, leather care, etc, just like I do. Most importantly, you guys enjoy using your minds to post interesting topics, follow-ups and sometimes-controversial flare-ups, which is what I like the most.

For the second question the only answer is to "take the gloves off"- from now on I'll say what I want whenever I want and, if she's willing, I'll use "April/verdegrrl" as my "moderator" to tell me when to cool it if I get out of line. I pick April because she seems to be one of the most level-headed amongst us and her posts are usually informative and factual.

So guys, like it or not, I'm baaaaaaaaack, and to those who love to hate me, bring it on! :-)

(BTW, to the weirdo's, my new e-mail address is Chuck540Z3@hotmail.com. Lick me!)
Old 05-30-2001, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Welcome back

Levelheadedness is good. This is a good forum and I echo your views. Luckily no death threats or other idiocy for me but there's always a first time. I think that most of the folks here are pretty intelligent and understand the value of arguing to completely explore a topic versus the typical "Flame War" mentality that chases me away from most other SIG's etc.

Hope the job thing works out somehow. Welcome back and stick around.
Old 05-30-2001, 08:14 AM

Default Welcome back

You make things interesting and as far as the weirdos go, if they can't take a joke ".... em"
Old 05-30-2001, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"A gun with no bullets"?....standard issue in the Canadi(e)n "Forces." Fire at will, Chuckles!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default No time for limericks. I have not had one problem with any post you have done

despite your status based taste in cars, you are somewhat intelligent
Old 05-30-2001, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I'm sure that McDonalds will hire you even if you have been with Wendy's for so long

Supersize or value size -does it matter??
Old 05-30-2001, 08:22 AM

Ya, I like their baseball caps as opposed to the hair-net deal- very cool!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:38 AM
DWP
AudiWorld Super User

Don't forget to shout "BANG" eh?
Old 05-30-2001, 08:49 AM

Welcome back. I am looking forward to your controversy!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:55 AM
Rest In Peace

Default It's good to have some non-Audiphiles here anyway

As we need a yardstick to compare our cars against and the BMWs are probably Audi's nearest match in terms of build quality, performance and market positioning, although I'll probably get flamed for saying so.

As to your comments about Audi cars and drivers that seem to have sparked off some strong feelings, that's just the nature of text - it's very hard to convey emotion at all and cultural differences can make that problem ten times worse. I always worry that I'll throw in something that would be considered funny here in the UK and be totally panned for it by the (majority I think) US AudiWorlders. Smileys just don't go far enough to convey what we mean, so misunderstandings can happen.

I view your jibes and digs at Audis and Audiphiles as friendly banter and sometimes it wakes the place up. I've got a lot of respect for the technical knowledge and Audi devotion of many of the folk on here, but I don't see that giving them the right to slam you for having fun with the other AudiWorlders that are up for that kind of thing. If they don't like what you have to say, they should ignore you, right?

Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox and put it away now shall I?

Quick Reply: Thanks for your support.......I'm BAAAAAACK!........