A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Think it's time to scrap it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think it's time to scrap it.

My car just became more to fix then it's worth. So for anyo e else out there don't by an Audi with close to 100k miles on it I love the car but at 100k miles it's more to fix then it's worth. Cars worth $4,000 in excellent condition but after 100k miles every plastic component breaks. And most to replace doing the work yourself ain't worth it. Audi makes good quality cars but people who own them are idiots. Mine has full service records and yet the lady who had it before me thought she was a 16yr old dude with anapolean complex and I'm highly doubtfull I'll keep the car.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How long have you had this car? A month? And this was your dream car since you were 10? That turned quickly.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

LOL---look down the BB and scry the long discussion about $2K cars….ROFLMAO!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had it a bit and I'm just going to trade it towards a new one. Depends on how this weekend goes if I'm going to scrap it or not
Old 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Anziil
My car just became more to fix then it's worth. So for anyo e else out there don't by an Audi with close to 100k miles on it I love the car but at 100k miles it's more to fix then it's worth. Cars worth $4,000 in excellent condition but after 100k miles every plastic component breaks. And most to replace doing the work yourself ain't worth it. Audi makes good quality cars but people who own them are idiots. Mine has full service records and yet the lady who had it before me thought she was a 16yr old dude with anapolean complex and I'm highly doubtfull I'll keep the car.
You love the car.
You're going to fix it.
You'll probably scrap it
Audi makes good quality cars
but people who own Audis are idiots.
You're going to trade it in.
You're probably going to get another Audi.
You like to do multiple threads on the same subject and lots of small posts.
The lady you bought it from thought she was a 16 year old dude with a Napolean complex (?)

Sorry, I'm confused.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-02-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven

You love the car.
You're going to fix it.
You'll probably scrap it
Audi makes good quality cars
but people who own Audis are idiots.
You're going to trade it in.
You're probably going to get another Audi.
You like to do multiple threads on the same subject and lots of small posts.
The lady you bought it from thought she was a 16 year old dude with a Napolean complex (?)

Sorry, I'm confused.
I'm bipolar and having a rather stressfull time. And this car is not helping. Although I'm going to do all I can to keep it. Irk if I'll be able. Minor life crisis right now.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 202 Likes on 173 Posts

I'm bipolar and having a rather stressfull time. And this car is not helping. Although I'm going to do all I can to keep it. Irk if I'll be able. Minor life crisis right now.
Most people on forums tend to have bipolar attributes . But in all seriousness, you need to be more precise and less 'dear diary' in your statements. At times you sound akin to a teenage school girl with all the angst going on. And let's be real, if you can't afford to put in $1-$2k to fix this car, you certainly aren't going to have the money to drop on a new RS7, like you said in your other thread.

Relax and ask questions.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
Most people on forums tend to have bipolar attributes . But in all seriousness, you need to be more precise and less 'dear diary' in your statements. At times you sound akin to a teenage school girl with all the angst going on. And let's be real, if you can't afford to put in $1-$2k to fix this car, you certainly aren't going to have the money to drop on a new RS7, like you said in your other thread.

Relax and ask questions.
Yeah money related stress drags me Down hard... And I'm working on it. This weekend I'm going to work on the car for 2 days and fix most codes I can clean All the connnections and reset the DTC's and I said I have good credit not lots a money lol. But I had thought about it all day. The car payments+insurance would equal the same if not more then the repairs. And down the road the same repairs would need to be made. I'm only 21 still new to this car stuff. Most my old cars were cheap fixes lol
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old cars, new cars, it's all the same. Audi, BMW, Chevy, Toyota, Honda - it's all the same. Cars cost money and they all break. New cars have issues right off the lot.

Not trying to be a psychologist by any means, but learning to work on cars and fix things is a process that is helpful in life. It teaches one to willingly get in "over their head", step back, create a plan, figure out the logical steps, and then take one step at a time until it is done.

MY girlfriend said to me once, I don't know how you don't freak out when you have the engine in pieces all over the place. I think of the first time I did a timing belt change on my mom's car and it turned out it needed a new head and I had issues and had both heads off the car and no clue what I was doing. With a lot of help from the members on this forum, I was able to work through it. I had points where I was overwhelmed, but I told my gf - I didn't focus on the pile of parts in the garage. I focused on the engine complete and working again. In other words, the outcome was always in my mind, not the current situation (a pile of parts and an empty engine bay)
Old 04-03-2014, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds like someone needs a Honda Civic.................

Quick Reply: Think it's time to scrap it.