A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

update on unfortunate dealing with vendor

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on unfortunate dealing with vendor

here's their initial response to <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/272658.phtml">my e-mail sent yesterday</a>:

<i>(My name): I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our company and service. We at Company X pride ourselves not only for the competitive pricing we offer but also our customer service. As I had mentioned previously the order was shipped as requested to the address stated on your order form #XXXXX that was submitted on 5/06/2003 @ 11:05P.M. When logging onto our web site www.companyx.com to place a order the current information including ship to information is displayed and may be modified. Unfortunately once the order has left our facility we have no control over it. If you require copies of any of the documents such as original order form or UPS shipping information to resolve this situation I will be happy to provide these to you.

(representative)</i>

At this point I'm beginning to lose hope in this being resolved simply and quickly. It appears they are hell-bent on making me pay for that item I never received. I do not dispute the fact that the items were sent. I do not even completely exclude myself from some responsibility in the items being shipped to the wrong address (though I am pretty sure I didn't enter in my old address when ordering). It just makes me sick to my stomach that they insist on charging me for something I have never seen or even had a chance to "steal". that is what is so upsetting. Why should I be held responsible for the loss of this item? HOW CAN I GET THAT ACROSS TO THESE PEOPLE!?!?

&lt;walking away from computer&gt;<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/272581.phtml">initial thread from yesterday</a></li></ul>
Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Elder Member

Default Re: update on unfortunate dealing with vendor

As a couple of us tried to indicate, you may not have much success given that you threatened to pillory them in public. Sounds like as a reaction, they are reacting with a polite brush off, sending you to deal with the shipper.

Your recourse, if any, may be with your credit card company.

Regards,
Jon
Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default was your old address entered automatically?

often times websites keep your old info on hand (if you request it) to facilitate your next ordering experience. If you requested that they keep your old info on file and you didnt change it then you probably dont have much of an argument. In thier defense, they shipped you your item to the address you requested. End of story. Seems like its no one's fault but your own.

Sorry.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, lets see. You could send them a small package...

addressing it to the manager saying it contains the "missing 3rd item". When he opens it up he will find a little token of your disgust picked especially for him.. Do you have a doggie? Or a Kitty kat? If you can locate some of their 'product" and enclose it in the box you will feel a whole lot better about this..
Old 07-09-2003, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

note to self: never order anything from Hy Octane.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:44 AM

Default no "Melodyman"... (what's with the new gen-x nickname?)

definitely not my style, but thanks for the chuckle.

= )
Old 07-09-2003, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its my old racing chat handle. thought it fit better here..

and yes.. it was just for laffs.. 8^) altho.. there have been a few times when I was mad enuff to do it..
Old 07-09-2003, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I would take it up with your credit card company....

Everyone seems to acknowledge the stuff was not sent to you. Whether or not that was your fault is not really the issue (or so it seems to ME), since whoever received it refused delivery or held it and then returned it to the vendor. So the question is: where's the missing merchandise? It seems obvious that YOU never touched it. Either the addressee ILLEGALLY opened the package and took it, someone at the SHIPPER ILLEGALLY opened a package and took something out of it, or the VENDOR only shipped 2 of the 3 items. If everyone had followed the rules/laws, this wouldn't be a problem. You made an honest mistake. Someone is either lying to you or broke the law by stealing something. I would not be inclined to accept responsibility for that. That's wht the vendor and shipper have insurance for. I would look into exactly what the shipper's responsibility is for verifying the identity of the people to whom they deliver. Any decent shipper (UPS, FedEx, etc.) is going to require a signature and/or get to know the names of the people on their routes and should not deliver to incorrect names and addresses.
I would
a) refuse the charges on the card
b) ask credit card co. what protection you have for theft in these cases
c) ask vendor how they shipped (signature required? any verification?)
d) ask shipper for delivery info incl. signature, if any
Find out if the package was ever delivered or if the SHIPPER hung on to it. If they just waited for a response from the addressee and never delivered it, then it's ALL the shipper's fault for whatever happened to it while in their posession.

Good luck,

Bill

P.S. I ain't no lawyer.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The credit card company is your first option... not last. Don't wait too long to use them. =)
Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 AM
DWP
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is good advice.

Dispute (refuse) the cc charge. Demand proof of delivery (probably required by your cc bank). And that's the end of it, probably.

Quick Reply: update on unfortunate dealing with vendor