A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

VAG-COM DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAG-COM DIY?

I sprung for a Ross-Tech Vag-Com KII-USB so I could play with my 2.7t. It's a great tool which has enabled me to check codes, clear my maintenance light and learn about some of the control modules my car has. My only complaint is that documentation (even the 90 page downloadable PDF file from Ross-tech) is lacking.

I have read online about how people program their doors to automatically lock at 15mph. I'd like to do this, but I don't know the process. I'd also like to program my turn signal to flash 5 times when I tap the signal stalk as I've read can be done, but I can't seem to find instructions anywhere.

Is there a good Vag-Com DIY site that not only explains all of the possibilities of WHAT can be done, but HOW to do them?

I feel like I have this nice tool with lots of potential, but I don't have the key to unlock it.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a lot of stuff out there, you just have to search. There is also the Ross Tech's Wiki page, which has lots of info. Here is a link to an AW tech article on coding the control module for auto-locking doors, window operation with the remote, etc. https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec36.shtml
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, that AW tech article was a lot of help. Last night through trial and error (well no error actually) I figured out how to program the windows at 15mph. I didn't realized that you continue to add or subtract additional numbers to add or remove features within the same control module. It sounds like different models have different features activated, or else they would just tell you to enter a set value for this feature, and another set value for another feature, and lay it out in a simple table.

Fumbling through the different control modules, most of them only allowed modification of the car type, region (North America, etc), cylinders, etc. Some descriptions I didn't understand. Still, a master list of most or all of the coding people have done would be helpful.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Here is the link to Ross Tech's wiki page: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...S6/allroad_(4B)
Old 06-03-2011, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just wish my VCDS could tell me what my central locking problem is exactly. What module is at fault?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

35 is the central locking control module
Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
35 is the central locking control module
But what I mean is, when I'm in VCDS how do I tell the software to test individual components. It doesn't tell me crap other than "driver's door doesn't lock" and "driver's door doesn't unlock". Thanks VCDS...could'nt figure that out on my own.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Quattro
But what I mean is, when I'm in VCDS how do I tell the software to test individual components.
(I'm totally diggin' your signature foto but can't figure out what it has to do with cars or Audi for that matter )

Go back into that central locking module and see if there is an option [button] to perform "output tests". The ability to run output tests certainly exists in some modules, I can't remember about the central locking one.

Also, did you scan [35] for DTCs?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
(I'm totally diggin' your signature foto but can't figure out what it has to do with cars or Audi for that matter )

Go back into that central locking module and see if there is an option [button] to perform "output tests". The ability to run output tests certainly exists in some modules, I can't remember about the central locking one.

Also, did you scan [35] for DTCs?
hahaha Thanks!

No sir, I haven't scanned 35 yet. I suppose '35' is a button I can select to scan seperately?

I'll look for the option to perform "output tests".
Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Okay, I ran the '35' module and ran output tests. It didnt' tell me crap. Unless of course I don't know how to read the output which could very well be the case.

Every test it ran it seemed to perform flawlessly except of course my driver door lock/unlock. However it never stopped and said "check driver door lock module" or something similar.

Do i just need to take the driver door cover off and take a peek behind there?

Quick Reply: VAG-COM DIY?