A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

vagcom code 01570?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vagcom code 01570?

Hello all nice site you have here I was referred here from Audiforum.com I am having trouble with my interior lights and sunroof. I found water had gottten in the central locking module and ruined it so I replaced the module. I am now getting code 01570 - Turn-off Delay: Terminal 15 -Short to ground

My car is an 02 A6 2.7t quattro

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to troubleshoot this code? as it stands none of my interior lights, power locks and sunroof are working.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Fear the Miata!

the search function here is great also...type the code in and see what it tells ya
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would imagine the fuse blew as well...did you replace it?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I would imagine the fuse blew as well...did you replace it?

yea I have been through all the fuses the module has power but shows this fault code for which I have had no luck finding any information as to how to diagnose the problem. I used the search function and it only cam up with about four other threads which refer to this code but never any answers as to how it was resolved lol. My guess is I have a short somewhere in the interior lighting but thats just a guess.

Tomorrow night I am going to go by the wiring diagrams in the bentley manual and disconnect different areas of the interior lighting to see if I can narrow down the short.

Again thanks for any and all help.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Fear the Miata!

Default found 12 threads on this fault code....

also start your reply in the subject box....makes for easier reading<ul><li><a href="http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes">try here as well....good luck</a></li></ul>
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Search using my AID. You have to look for corroded wires/crimps in the body harness.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If water got in, you will be looking for corrosion at the connection points of the wiring.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Problem solved thanks to all especially SteveKen!!!

I found my problem exactly where SteveKen told me to look! Four bad crimps in the harness along the drivers door sill and in front of the front seat just behind the central locking module.

I cant thank all of you enough for the Help especially SteveKen! I bought this car as a graduation present for my daughter so you will have also made her day! thanks again!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was this a longtime solution to your problem? I'm asking because I have the same problem and mine is somehow connected to my passenger seat. Very strange. By unplugging the power to the passenger seat, I have eliminated the problem, but I am still not sure whether the problem is with the seat itself or maybe there are corroded wires leading to the seat.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I never had another problem after fixing the corroded but connectors in the harness. did your car have water damage? if it got into the memory module under the seat it will give you problems also. I did two of these cars one for my daughter and one for myself. the one I did for myself the water got into the memory modules under the seat and I had to change them out also and clean the connectors going to them.

Quick Reply: vagcom code 01570?