A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Vanilla/Royal Blue Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Vanilla/royal is rare ! Especially if you want specific options.

April can probably shed additional light on the issue, but when I ordered my car, I specified all the options you included and the negotiated price was $1700 over. Ordering it didn't affect price, though other posters have described dealers wanting more margin to order the car.

I don't think you will ever regret getting the car exactly as you wish.
Old 02-11-2001, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't read anything into color restrictions to certain models...

oddly enough Andorra Red, Jaspis Green (yuk), and Cashmere Gray were restricted to 2.8 and 2.7Ts in 2000, but Andorra Red and Nemo Blue were restricted to the 4.2s in 2001. Lago Green and Royal blue (solid) interiors were dropped all together. I don't think this implies anything about '02. Maybe they'll come up with some other crazy color combo
With regards to the '02s are coming soon, they are still a half year away at least. I don't know when the first '02 will hit the states but probably not until late August or September. Of course if you are ordering now, the '02 will arrive shortly after your '01.
Go for whatever color combo you like most esp if you think you will like it for the duration of your ownership of the car. Just make sure everyone who gets in your car is clean. Have fun
Old 02-11-2001, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You can expect to be in the $1800 to 2500 over invoice range

When ordering, the trade-off for the dealer is this - IF you take the car when it comes in, the dealer has not had any additional overhead. However, unless you sign a contract or put down a large non-refundable deposit, you can always walk away from that car and the dealer is stuck with a car that might take longer to sell than a more common/popular combo.

Dealers who are most hesitant, will be in regions where this combo might be very hard to sell ( mid-west ), or have no problem selling every A6 they can get, and thus not wishing to hassle with an order.

On the other hand, you the customer often must wait for months for a special order. The convenience of just walking into a dealership and driving away in a new car is frequently not possible if you want something very specific.

There are pros and cons for both the dealer and the customer. Pricing should not be very different whether you order or take something off the lot for these reasons.

Have you had your ABS run a locate for you ? Perhaps there is a car in your region that fills your needs. Searches can be done state-wide, regionally, and on a country-wide basis. For additional shipping beyond the factory charge, do allow up to $375 depending on distance.

The dealer that I used to work for ( large and in SoCal ) would order one A6 2.8 in Ming/vanilla every two months. They might also order an Ebony/vanilla in alternating sequence. In the 2.7t they would stick to more tradtional sport car colours of onyx and tungston - especially if a 6spd or a sport pack. Tornado red twice a year - 2.8/vanilla - 2.7t/onyx.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Vanilla/Royal Blue Interior Questions

I have had 2.7t Ming Blue/Vanilla for 13 months and 18,500 mls. No kids. The interior looks great and I have no reservations about recommending it to you. The drivers seat shows a few creases in the leather but I have scrubbed them with armore all cleaner a couple of times and this gets out the dirt well.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Vanilla/Royal Blue Interior Questions

I spent more time deciding on color than any options when I ordered my 2001 2.7. IMHO silver
is the best Audi color and the vanila/blue
interior is fabulous to me but an admitted acquired taste. My jaw dropped when I took delivery (in delight) but it took my wife a bit of getting used to. It is so much more luxurious than gray or black. There was no extra charge for
vanilla/blue when I got my car. Good luck!