A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Vortex Generators - Junk or Real Value ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex Generators - Junk or Real Value ?

Anyone have one of these ? does it work ? thanks.

95-'06 Audi A6 A-6 (All) AirRazor Vortex Generator+mpg

Description

Save up to 35% On your Gas Bill and Add up to 20% more Power with the Air Razor!!

Check our Feedback to see how our products compare to the others on Ebay, and you will find out why ours is #1!!

We not only offer a superior product, but strive to offer superior customer service too!!

DON'T BE FOOLED BY OTHER SELLERS WHO OFFER A "LIFETIME" GUARANTEE, BUT CLEARLY STATE "ALL SALES ARE FINAL".

PRECISIONPOWERPARTS OFFERS A REAL LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. AS WELL AS A ROCK SOLID, UNCONDITIONAL 30 DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE ON ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS.

Please Read Entire Description Before Purchasing

30 Day no questions asked money back guarantee!!!

Precision LASER CUT from Stainless Steel (not hand cut like the others on EBAY), Will outlast your car!!

You are bidding on 1 brand new AIR RAZOR Vortex Generator laser cut from Stainless Steel for 95-'06 Audi A6 (fits All Engines). View our other auctions to see if we have one for your application, If not, contact us and we will put an auction up for you if we have it. This is a 1 piece Stainless Steel item, with no moving parts, no wires and no power needed. This amazing item simply inserts into the intake tube, and holds itself in place (no modifications to your vehicle necessary). Comes with General Installation Instructions. This item comes with 30day money-back guarantee (if you don't like it for any reason, send it back for a full refund of winning bid no questions asked). **This item was specifically designed to create a vortex (spiraling funnel of air) inside your intake tube allowing the air to travel faster to your motor.**

Picture of Air Razor installed on 2005 Ram

Air Razor AirRazor can give your car up to 20% more horsepower, as well as increase fuel efficiency by up to 35%.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Our own Test Fleet MPG Results:

Starting MPG MPG with AirRazor %increase in MPG

2005 Dodge Ram 5.7L v8 12.9mpg 17.2mpg 33%

2000 Hyundai Elantra 24mpg 30.2mpg 26%

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 15.1mpg 19.3mpg 28%

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Many customers have had even better results than these. With Gas being so expensive, this product could pay for itself in no time with gas savings.

Studies have shown stationary vortex generators greatly increase an engines airflow and fuel atomization for more horsepower (up to 20%) and better fuel efficiency (up to 35% increase). The idea is simple, spiraling air moves with greater velocity and efficiency through a cars intake tract. More air=More power, its that simple. Additionally the spiraling air atomizes the fuel better allowing for more complete combustion. Your cars computer reads the changes and compensates by eliminating excess fuel delivery, resulting in better fuel efficiency. Also, believe it or not, vehicles with Auto Trans will shift smoother than ever

Sure you have seen similar products on TV or in your local auto store for an outrageous $79 or more. And the truth is they work too, but why pay more than 2 times as much for the same results. Our product is Precision LASER CUT from Stainless Steel, is ultra high quality and will outlast your car!!! This item is NOT Hand cut or Home made! You can keep the same one and use it for the rest of your cars life. You get a 30 day money back guarantee!!! Send it back within 30 days from when YOU get it IN YOUR HANDS, and we will refund your money (minus S&H), no questions asked. PLUS LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY (READ BELOW)

Installation is easy, you simply place it in your air intake tube in between the Air Filter and the Throttle Body. Usually installation only takes a few minutes and a screwdriver or ratchet to complete. Comes with Detailed General Installation Instructions.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolute and unadulterated junk. Designed to separate you from your money.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd, they're junk
Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default JUNK. The butterfly valve on the throttle body will kill any vortex

and if you're lucky this thing won't break apart and ruin your engine with bits of plastic/metal.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default they're cool.. i saw 50+ HP gain ..buy three of them and intall them in series,.

for 3 times the vortex!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:59 AM
CEB
AudiWorld Super User

Default I thought it was a 1000 HP gain.............

....but it could have been a 10hp loss (more likely)
Old 08-10-2006, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Great thing. I swear by them. After all, if you look at the inlet tract....

it is easy to see how air in a vortex can cope with passing through bends, throttle flaps, turbos chargers, intercoolers etc....and still stay moving in a vortex, isn't it?

It's funny, back in the days when I used to try to extract every last bit of power of engines, I used to put chamfers on the edge of the throttle flaps, smooth out the flaps screws, re-profile the valve stems, hand cut gaskets to suit the ports etc.....in fact anything to REMOVE any turbulence of obstruction in the airflow becasue I knew it would result in a loss of airflow into the cylinder. But here we have the exact opposite obstructs and creates turbulence and is claimed toimprove economy and power - bollocks.

I guess they work a bit like a Dyson in reverse?

"Comes with Detailed General Installation Instructions" - I like that bit, how can they be both detailed and general?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wanna buy a bridge while you're in the mood to waste money?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 3rd. I wouldnt even install that on a broken down gremlin

even the gremlin deserves more respect
Old 08-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great idea to have Mythbusters test ....

Would love to see the guys on Mythbusters test these items out. My wife's boss is always butting heads with me about how one of these has made his truck that much more powerful and has increased his MPG.

Aaron