A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Well I gotta give praise where praise is due, Progressive Insurance Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I gotta give praise where praise is due, Progressive Insurance Rocks!

As you may know, some fool bumped my freshly painted bumper just days after I had it refinished to factory freshness.

The accident happened on Wednesday at 6pm, just a day and a half ago.

The fella's insurance was Progressive and I had to call and file a claim with them yesterday afternoon.

They sent the Progressive SUV with a mobile office inside (Fax machine, lap top, wireless DSL the works). The woman asked me about my Audi (She even said I had a real nice car) and within a half an hour, on spot, they cut me a check and said I am free to go to whoever I wish (Audi Dealership of course) and they will cut a second check should the difference be greater then the amount they cut for the first check, (and I'm pretty impressed with the first check too!)

That was the most hassle free and immediate solution I ever thought imaginable. I will drop the car off for a weekend bumper job but all in all, to have this taken care of in less then a weeks time is just awsome!

I though I should at least give Progressive Insurance praise for their fabulous effort in resolving my situation (I must also give priase to Allstate, my insurance because my rep was quick to give me the contact numbers and set everything up so my rates were not effected).

Happy Friday (Now)!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:12 AM

i have progressive insurance and like them. i get a discount for having good credit rating.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Looks like I spoke too soon...

...Just got a call from Progressive from the initial claims rep, "Oops, were sorry, we are going to have to put a stop payment on that check because we have not yet spoken with our insuree for a statement". I did not argue, just reitterated that their driver was in the wrong and rear ended me". We'll see how it plays out, but this was more of what I was expecting in the first place. We'll see.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Fine, but did your car have that serious wheel-smoking problem BEFORE the accident???
Old 11-08-2002, 08:31 AM

do you have a police report?
Old 11-08-2002, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Yes

Though, In Chicago, if no one was hurt, you must both drive to the closest police station to file a report. There was no fault noted but again, rule of thumb, rear ended is the fault of the person who rear ended, and this person was in an illegal zone when it happened. The original post is below.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/203291.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/203291.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-08-2002, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

You dont like my new sig no.dot?
Old 11-08-2002, 09:08 AM

Default It's not that you're getting a discount, its that the other guy is having his rates jacked.

Many auto insurance companies do this. The guy who hit the Audi probably will have his premium raised or his coverage cancelled.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No...I think it's VERY cool...and will be even cooler when...

...you add the twitching body of the Progressive Insurance claims adjustor beneath the wheels!!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice....but, there is no way in hell I would let a dealer touch my car for body work.

Quick Reply: Well I gotta give praise where praise is due, Progressive Insurance Rocks!