A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Well, joined the Club Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2000, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, joined the Club Saturday

After over a month of reading and testing and bugging the heck outta April, I finally cracked and picked up a Ming Blue/Melange A6 2.7T Tiptronic. The only options I chose was Leather/Conv PKG/Side Curtain/Xenon. April had taken me on a test drive some time back,(never knew freeway circle on ramps were to be taken at 60MPH!!) I was impressed, but not as impressed as when I was driving home on the freeway, and words popped up like, quiet,solid,comfortable. I was amazed. April, thank you for your time, I would like for your dealer to do the servicing,and would like to add springs and 6 disc.I will be by with gift(hope you like Chardonney)for your time.You know the Audi to the 'T'. I'm ready for the next driving class!!!!!!!! Thanks to all for the invaluable information on this board. Oh ya (sorry so long) on the way home, a couple in an older MB, honked at me and gave the OK sign, and a Silver A4 gave the thumbs up. I was embarressed but pleased and the last of my doubts disappeared.
Old 04-24-2000, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Well, joined the Club Saturday

Congratulations! I think you got the best looking color combination. I have a 4.2L with the same colors.
Old 04-24-2000, 03:15 PM

Default should I regret Ming Blue/Tungsten Grey?

after reading your post, I am doubting my choice of a 2001 Ming Blue/Tungsten Grey. SOMEONE please reassure me that's a good combo!<p>
'01 A6 *On Order*
Ming Blue
Everything (including nav) except sport.
Old 04-24-2000, 03:50 PM

Default Re: should I regret Ming Blue/Tungsten Grey?

The blue goes well with the grey also. I liked the contrast between the Blue and the melange, plus the melange seemed to open up the interior space, an illusion of it being a bit larger inside. I would go and see the blue at the dealer with both. Either choice a good one. I had a Black with Black interior on my acura and felt a change was needed. Course outta 12 people you'd probably get 6 for melange and 6 for grey. Can't lose with either one.
Old 04-24-2000, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: should I regret Ming Blue/Tungsten Grey? Absolutely not! This would have been may not be as stun

my second choice. Besides it's more practical in that it won't show dirt as much. I think it may not be as stunning a combo but gorgeous in its own way. Congrats on a beutiful car.
Old 04-24-2000, 05:51 PM

I'm quite pleased with my Ming Blue 2.7T with tungsten gray leather interior. Very handsome combination. The melange fabric also looked great, but I preferred the darker wood trim that comes with the tungsten.

Your car sounds a lot like mine--I hope you're not in the Baltimore area or we'll be trying to get into each other's cars inadvertently!
Old 04-24-2000, 06:22 PM

Default Thanks for the reassurance!

I doubt myself no more. Ming Blue/Tungsten all the way! Don't worry, I'm in the Pittsburgh area.. shouldn't be a problem.. except if I drive down to Baltimore heheh. God, I can't stop itching everyday wishing it is June when my car is set to arrive! This wait is way too excruciating.<p>
'01 A6 *On Order*
Ming Blue
Everything (including nav) except sport.
Old 04-24-2000, 06:58 PM
MA6

Default And one of me

Ming Blue w/ Vanilla & Blue.

Originially it was Silver w/ Royal Blue but someone at Audi decided they didn't want me to have that on my 2001. :P
Old 04-25-2000, 05:43 AM

LOVE IT!!!

The Melange looks sharp, but I've been driving a car w/ "mocha" interior for 8 years now, and wanted a change in look. Besides, the Melange will <i>probably</i> be harder to keep clean (or at least, clean looking).

The Tungsten looks <i>sportier</i>, too!

Jeff<p>JTM
2000 2.7T
Ming Blue/Tungsten Gray
Stow, MA
Old 04-25-2000, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Thanks for the reassurance!

Maybe by June it will stop raining! And gas prices will be down. And you'll have vacation time to enjoy your car. (And you'll have saved up enough money to afford its purchase!)

While I was waiting for mine, I told myself all these things but they didn't help--I was still impatient every minute. But the wait is worth it.

Quick Reply: Well, joined the Club Saturday