A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

wha tis the Audi Policy on giving loaner cars when performing service?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2000, 06:04 PM
Iggs

Default wha tis the Audi Policy on giving loaner cars when performing service?

I scheduled first visit to the dealer for service.

My fuel gauge does not work, and some minor electrical problem.. and when I asked if I could have a loaner so I could go to work.. They told me no.

They said that loaners are only given if car is not drivable..

is this true??

Thanks..

Iggs..
Old 01-26-2000, 04:06 AM
Allen

Default Re: wha tis the Audi Policy on giving loaner cars when performing service?

It's probably an individual dealer policy. My dealer loans me a car no matter what the reason including replacing the fuel gauges.
Old 01-26-2000, 07:09 AM
MPC

Default Re: wha tis the Audi Policy on giving loaner cars when performing service?

I usually get a loaner even when I take the car in for schedules maintenance.
Old 01-26-2000, 08:12 AM
Martin VW

Default It's Dealer Policy, not Audi Policy....

I've bought 4 in 4 years. Every time the dealer gives me a piece of paper that says I'm entitled to a free loaner with service of any kind. As April has been saying, if you beat your dealer up too much on price, or if you buy on the 'net, no such perk.

However, Enterprise will meet you at the dealer with a rental car, and it takes a lot of one day rentals to make up for the $500+ you can probably save going after a deal aggressively. So if your dealer won't give you a good price and promise a loaner for service, maybe you can find another that will.
Old 01-26-2000, 03:29 PM
Richard

When I set up the service apptmt I have always requested a loaner and have never been told no. This includes the dealer I bought it from and my current dealer (had to switch to different dealer since the service was so poor at my purchasing dealer). Service at new dealer is top-notch and they have always given me a free loaner and not questioned where I bought it. Old dealer arranged a no-cost Enterprise rental when they were out of cars a couple times.
Old 01-28-2000, 08:44 AM
April

Default Loaners

A dealership has a certain number of loaner cars. It is the discretion of the dealership as to how Audi' are passed out.

If we know we will have a heavy load, we hand out rental cars ( depending on situation - free )to the people who did not buy at our dealership. Our customers get first dibs on Audi loaners. Only fair.

April