A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

What constitutes good service?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've actually seen AoA reps come for a shake-down without names getting handed out.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn, I thought THIS was the "Encounter Group"

Anyway, this board can get pretty cult like itself
Old 08-08-2002, 10:11 AM

Default But as you know, losing a franchise is rare

seems to only happen when the books don't add up, not when there are customer satisfaction problems.

Coupla years ago, Beverly Hills BMW reverted to BMWNA control a few times because the various owners couldn't get their acts together. The fact that all of us service customers weren't happy didn't matter much to anyone (that much was obvious!). One time I went back to complain about some work one of the techs had done and ... now he was my service writer! You can imagine how well that visit went.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:13 AM
Elder Member

Default on being a smart customer...

you say you don't want to learn someone else's system.... IMO that is not mandatory but it is a very useful way to get to the result you want. That kind of remark strikes me as a bit stubborn, in which case if you don't want to either do a little homework, or accept information and insight that is being offered by someone with some of both, then you are denying yourself useful tools with which to get your desired result.

Your choice.

Not an apologist or forum police, but I am a strategist who believes in acquiring and using information to strengthen my position, which is why I often get better outcomes than some others....

FWIW
Old 08-08-2002, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Unless this dealership is the "only game in town"

go to another town. They sound like people you wouldn't want to do business with. The people here are right. Be smart and vote with your wallet. Do not take their attitude. I'd hesitate to go back at all given the letter. You have provided a service to others. You identified the dealership.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:33 AM

Default Actually do more research than you think...

I just don't want them talking "their" language. I prefer to deal with things from my own set of principles--getting what I paid for is one of them. I happen to engulf myself in understanding a problem, how it was caused and where to push the buttons to fix it. But once you allow the "other side" (shouldn't be a competition) talk as if THEIR system or rules are the box within which you must work, you've lost. Thinking outside of the box makes it a level playing field and opens up the relm of possible resolutions.

The best rule is that there aren't any rules.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:35 AM

What troubles you my son? Are their monsters under your bed? :-)
Old 08-08-2002, 11:17 AM
RSC
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It's dealer dependent, not entirely AoA's fault.

Although the service dept. in my SFBay dealer might not be the best, but I've always been treated with courtesy and respect.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then why are other manufacturers able to achieve near-universal customer satisf.?
Old 08-08-2002, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What!?!?!?!? Who??? Which??? Where??? When???

"Near-univeral customer satisfaction"??? No way, not in my lifetime...no one does that...no way.

Quick Reply: What constitutes good service?