A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

What constitutes good service?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't need the slack--AofA or dealer--it's Audi to the masses...

You're ready and willing to jump in and give "insider" advice whenever something negative pops up--can't walk away now. Audi controls its franchises--if they don't care to let **** run downhill, then they're damming up the natural process of things.

Stop telling people to pray with their service representatives or go buy another car the minute they complain. Maybe you were one of the problems? I don't know and I won't speculate--but your approach here is the same smiling, shoulder shrugging approach I got at the dealer when they couldn't get my car back.

I've been here long enough, and I've owned several Audis, and I run at tracks April--can't think of anything that gives you more of a right to speak up here than anyone else. No flaming, but you seem intent on defending Audi no matter what, and attacking (nicely though, I must say) anyone who has a complaint ("don't know what you want of us" "MB and BMW have problems too" "maybe you should consider another brand", etc.). Wrong answers! Why not spend some of your quality time with your past co-workers and tell them to get off their collectve butts and get to work?

Don't presume to assume that my style involves screaming. You're now grasping at straws.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, and some of them are back-biters;-)
Old 08-08-2002, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Used to. Go tired of the paperwork and extra CYA.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:21 PM

And as to them--they can bite my butt... ;-)
Old 08-08-2002, 04:23 PM

No need to yell--easy enough to demean people without yelling.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default So you don't like to take a non-confrontational approach. It is your privilige to be abrasive if you

so wish. However, that doesn't mean people will like you or even respect you - they just have to mouth a few words to placate you. Is that really enough ? You'll just have to fight the battle over and over again. Forgive me for saying the obvious - people generally try far far harder if you use a carrot, rather than a stick. And if you need to use force, use the appropriate tool. You don't hit a dog with your hand, you use a newspaper. In the same fashion, if the people in service do not heed you, you warn them and then punish them in the appropriate fashion by having their superiors correct them. If that superior doesn't have a large enough newspaper, find another who does !

Actually, if somebody did come on their high horse, I probably wouldn't do more for them than than the letter of the job. I come from a place where being nice and respecting others has it's rewards and is the expected way to do in business. That pleasantness is extended automatically to begin with, but can be just as quickly cut off. You don't automatically deserve respect, you earn it. Raising ones voice to others ( especially strangers in a place of business ) is sign of lack of control and disrespect. Civility is one of those things that is the oil of polite society. Shouting only lowers your status in the eyes of all of those around you. It smacks of "all hat, and no cattle", to use a phrase once bantered around this forum;-)

Remember the steely eyed almost silent taskmaster teacher from your school days ? The one who laid out the rules in a soft tone, and whom nobody in the class ever dared to test ? I find it works very well to emulate them. Frightens recalcitrants far more than shouting in any case;-)

I'm not advocating that you do nothing. I am advocating civilized conduct without the loss of dignity.

I honestly do mean it when I suggest someone consider another brand if they are unhappy with their car and haven't presented us with any workable avenues. The last thing I want to see is an unhappy person driving an Audi or any other brand of car.

I have no more right here than anyone else. You are correct. In fact, I have far less incentive to be here than most of you. I do it because I love the brand. I believe in the product. I have specialized knowledge that I've freely shared for several years here. I see what so many of the employees are trying to achieve. There will come a day when I cease to find this forum amusing or informative. You may or may not still own an Audi, but I'll still be an Audi enthusiast:-)

If you have been with Audi for while, then you know how far they have come - as well as how far they have to go. My question to Skipsit was what they would like for us to do ?

This is my last post on this topic, as I have more constructive and ( possibly ) useful things to do with my time than argue with someone I don't really know;-)
Old 08-08-2002, 05:56 PM
RSC
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default True, but it's easier to police the dealers when the product is a hot seller & more reliable

AoA can't afford to loose a dealer cause it will hurt sales. And customers tend to be grumpier cause Audi doesn't have Lexus reliability. Bottomline is, if Audi's are as reliable as Lexus, we won't have to visit the dealership as often and everyone will be happy.
But then we might end up on top of consumer report list. We don't want that to happen, do we? :-))
Old 08-08-2002, 06:10 PM

Default :-) Same here April--don't know you/you don't know me...

You draw too many assumptions. I don't light up until after I give folks a chance to correct a problem promptly. You too readily presume and label people that don't follow your kharma. I'm actually very professionally and forgiving--but if I feel like someone's undeserving or takes advantage of my patience--then they find out they really made a mistake.

I haven't attacked you, don't know why you think you should attack me--just because I think your approach is wrong and feeds mediocrity doesn't mean that I don't think you'll be successful in making someone feel good even if you fail to solve their problem.

A pat on the head does work sometimes, but a kick in the butt insures it won't happen again. BTW, you're wrong--I've been getting the best service ever since I "corrected" their inaction. Went in for an oil change and I got a loaner off the lot (instead of a rental) and a full car wash--never happened before.

You have a good one April...try to understand that there are other opinions, and they don't deserve presumptions or labeling about the presenter. Some folks have the right to get angry--and the targets of that anger sometimes deserve it.

And, btw, speaking of high horses--quite a presumption that you'll like Audis longer than I'll own one--stop looking down at everyone, especially those you don't know.

Good night. ;-)
Old 08-09-2002, 04:54 AM
Elder Member

Default I dunno, Jamo, seems to me you certainly did attack April...

You've castigated her as an Audi apologist, Audi police, mistakenly assumed she's an Audi employee.... I don't know you either, but you're coming off as a ranting little guy throwing a public tantrum.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:40 AM

Default Well--different perceptions for different folks...

If you want to read out of context and not pay attention to previous discussions, you could draw any conclusion you want.

BTW--not little, not on a rant--didn't like being dismissed weeks ago when I had a major problem with service and west coast parts, and tired of hearing someone say buy another car...

You don't know me.

Quick Reply: What constitutes good service?