A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

What is a Stage 3 A6 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Stage 3 A6 worth?

I'm debating selling my A6, just trying to get an idea of what I could realistically get for it. If you've recently bought a similar car, what did you pay? If you're in the market for one, what would you pay?

The basics:

2000 A6 6-speed
K04's
034 inlet pipes
Piggie pipes
Cat-back exhaust
VAST Stage 3 clutch
Koni struts
H&R springs
Hotchkis sways
New control arms
Newly built transmission
RS4 airbox
Full Stage 3 fueling
Inline fuel booster pump
Timing belt, water pump, etc... done recently
All silicone hoses

Everything done in the last 10k miles.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

unmolested about $7-8K even for a 55K mileage car. For the right person you might get 50% of the value of your mods back; I'm guessing maybe another $3-4K. So $10-11K.

Of course nowhere near the emotional value you have in it. Drive it another 50K miles and then unload it...you won't get what you think it's worth considering all the work/materials you have in it.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Unfortunately my friend, kiss all of that hard earned money that you have invested into it, goodbye. Unless you find another one of us Audi-loving freaks who knows and appreciates all that the car has, your average buyer is never going to pay towards your modifications. Modifications are strictly at the current owners discretion/enjoyment. Also, the new timing belt/WP/Thermo/Tranny/etc. are all expected of the current owner to keep up on - it's regular maintenance. You can't ask for it back. Now if the car, for being a 2000 is in top knotch shape - flawless interior, excellent body & paint, etc. then your buyer will be willing to pay more than the other A6 for sale down the road. They are looking for the lowest miles, the one in the best shape, hopefully with all of its documented (receipts) repair list, and the seller who has all of that but yet still offers the best price. Remember, they're not just looking at your A6, if they're interested in the C5 A6, they're probably looking at 10 of them, plus comparing it to the BMW 5-series, Lexus ES, etc.

You don't mention how many miles you have on it? What engine? I know my 2001 A6Q 2.7L Bi-turbo with currently 133k is only worth like $6k-6500 private party It makes me want to cry with all that I've invested into her. Hell, in the last two years I think I've put over $8k in repairs alone! If I were to try and sell my car right now, even with everything done to it (not repairs but modifications etc) I would be afraid to list it for anything over $7500. Even then, I guarantee the starting offers from the buyers would come in around $6k. and we'd have to negotiate in the middle.

Well if you put it up for sale, I wish you the best & good luck!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default As said above

only audi enthusiast looking for stage 3 would pay anything close to what might sound reasonable to you.

A6/allroad/S4 are in the same ballpark of price range and I am sure you will find numerous Stage 3 S4 cars sold/for sale so base your expectations off that.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

its worse. Most people view mods as signs that the car was used hard/abused, or will be trouble to maintain. Deduct for mods.

Unless you find just the right person, which, in fact, you can if you wait and advertise int he right places.

But remember the cheapest way to buy a restored classic or a race prepped car is to buy it completed - you will spend more in parts - plus free labor - to duplicate.

G